SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    6 Underground trailer is out (Ryan Reynolds)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Underground trailer is out (Ryan Reynolds) Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Whisp:
My like if Ryan Reynolds couldn’t get past my hate of Michael Bay on this one. I made it 45 minutes. Couldn’t take the camera angles, disjointed story telling and scitzo timeline jumps. Reynolds was entertaining though.

Got bored and turned it off about the same time.

Well that makes 3 of us. I thought it was dreadful.

4. I loathe Reynolds. I was tired of his mouth in Blade 3. He’s never shut the fuck up since. Always overdoing it, over the top, smart ass, but it just doesn’t work and it isn’t funny. The lines aren’t that great and you aren’t funny. You know how I made it through the Deadpool films? I watched them at home in 30 minute slices. I can only take so much of it. I have tried many times.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Corpses just flying everywhere; the special effects deaths were very well done.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Corpses just flying everywhere; the special effects deaths were very well done.

Literally Eek

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15306 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by ibanda:
quote:
Originally posted by Whisp:
My like if Ryan Reynolds couldn’t get past my hate of Michael Bay on this one. I made it 45 minutes. Couldn’t take the camera angles, disjointed story telling and scitzo timeline jumps. Reynolds was entertaining though.

Got bored and turned it off about the same time.

Well that makes 3 of us. I thought it was dreadful.

4. I loathe Reynolds. I was tired of his mouth in Blade 3. He’s never shut the fuck up since. Always overdoing it, over the top, smart ass, but it just doesn’t work and it isn’t funny. The lines aren’t that great and you aren’t funny. You know how I made it through the Deadpool films? I watched them at home in 30 minute slices. I can only take so much of it. I have tried many times.

Blame the director for the actors' actions/lines, not the actors. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted b

Blame the director for the actors' actions/lines, not the actors. Wink

He had control for Deadpool. He was the one behind it all. Wink

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it more Deadpool meets RED, with some Ronin for flavor. I enjoyed it for what it is.

Personally, I like the one liners.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Dumb damn movie. I made it to the Vegas scene and shut it off.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It was really long. I like Reynolds so I didn’t mind the movie. But this is definitely a polarizing movie if you do or don’t like Ryan Reynolds you will either despise or tolerate this film

It was intentionally over the top in every way...you get the brashness of Reynolds and the in your face explosions of Bay

I don’t mind either so I didn’t mind the movie. But Oscar worthy it is not

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
It was ok. The choppy flashing camera angles get old quick.

Very over the top action, almost cartoonish. The effects were very good

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I don't know if there were plot holes or I lost my train of thought. Kind of like but not as good as the Cruise "Mission Impossible" movies and with a less appealing backup team. Not unentertaining so there's that.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it for what it was. The boat magnet was stupid though. If it had been me, I'd have just stuck with the "privately funded, over-the-top, IMF remake" angle.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Ryan Reynolds is kinda like Vince Vaughn. They are one-trick ponies and sometimes it works. RR was funny in Van Wilder/Deadpool. VV was funny in Old School/Wedding Crashers.

I do like Melanie Laurent a lot, but have only made it through about 10 minutes past the opening chase.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post