SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    6 Underground trailer is out (Ryan Reynolds)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6 Underground trailer is out (Ryan Reynolds) Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted
Seems like an action packed predictable movie.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I dig it. Ryan Reynolds + Michael Bay + Sweet-looking shootouts. Should be well worth a watch.

Even better, it's a Netflix film, so I won't have to wait 6-9 months after its premiere date for it to be available to watch at home.

Plus I'm glad to see both Melanie Laurent (best known for Inglorious Bastards) and Lior Raz (best known for Fauda) get some more screen time. I've always liked both of them, but they're still relative unknowns.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Is this is a direct-to-Netflix movie?

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Release date is 12/13/19.

I’m guessing direct to Netflix? I haven’t canceled my Netflix yet. Still trying to finish some stuff.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Damn, this is a Netflix movie? Looks good

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they are looking to up their production game before Disney's streaming service starts up.

I'll watch this. Looks fun.

Posts: 11164 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the last FF installment but seriously thought Reynolds should try building new characters for his repertoire.

He`s been doing the exact same since I recall him in Blade Trinity (2004).
I like the guy and find him very funny and cute but I do not need another Bruce Willys type character for the long run.

Don`t get me wrong. I`ve seen and enjoyed moast of his movies and really look forward to more stuff with him, his choice of movies are the stuff I watch the most.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I enjoyed the last FF installment but seriously thought Reynolds should try building new characters for his repertoire.

I like the guy and find him very funny and cute but I do not need another Bruce Willys type character for the long run.

Ryan Reynolds plays Ryan Reynolds. He's a cheeky smartass in real life, as are all of his characters. He knows his niche, and he does well in those roles.

(And I assume by "FF" you're referring to the Fast & Furious movies, but Ryan Reynolds is not in any of those films...)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in, but I’m easy. Looks good

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Ryan Reynolds plays Ryan Reynolds. He's a cheeky smartass in real life, as are all of his characters. He knows his niche, and he does well in those roles.

(And I assume by "FF" you're referring to the Fast & Furious movies, but Ryan Reynolds is not in any of those films...)

He is in the new Hobbs and Shaw movie. Plays a cheeky smartass CIA agent

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Filming action scenes in Florence, that's not cheap...

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

He was made to play Deadpool

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

"You think Ryan Reynolds got this far on a superior acting method?"
~Wade Wilson

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hi Rogue,

My point is 'those roles' are pretty, pretty much one and the same.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decided to take a break form work today on a rainy day and turned over to Netflix and saw this was out.

Decent movie, lots of Michael Bay explosions and Ryan Reynolds one liners. But what else would one expect? It's a Hitman's Bodyguard meets DeadPool if I had to sum it up.

I will say the story line jumps around a lot in the first 30-45 minutes. Found myself looking at my emails a time or two to see if they were important or could wait and would have to back track a few minutes in the movie to get back on track.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I didn't think it possible but that opening sequence had more action than in most of Bay's previous movies combined.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi Rogue,

My point is 'those roles' are pretty, pretty much one and the same.

0-0

he was a bit different (Acting wise) in Self/Less

good movie as well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

As one reviewer noted: It can seem a bit incoherent at times, the way it jumps around in the timeline. But if you pay attention it makes sense. It is nearly non-stop action.

[N.B.: These aren't spoilers, cuz I'm not giving anything away.]

I got a laugh out of the "Have you ever been in an American theater in such-and-such a time period?" and what happened directly afterwards Smile The "world's biggest magnet" scenes are a hoot, too.

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Damn, this is a Netflix movie? Looks good

It is and it was.

quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
I'm sure they are looking to up their production game before Disney's streaming service starts up.

And they're succeeding. Finished watching that, last night, and remarked to my wife "Take that, Disney!"

Netflix definitely isn't sitting on their hands. We've currently got 5-6 series for which we're anxiously awaiting the next season.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
WOW. What a FUN movie. Like was said. Think Deadpool Meets Hitmans Bodyguard meets the Losers with a sprinkle of Fast and Furious.....with Michael Bay. It’s also visually very pretty.

DO NOT go into this expecting realism or gritty spy drama or some tactically sound docudrama. Go in expecting ONE HELL of a fun ride. Just pure entertainment.

I enjoyed the hell out of it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post