SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Why cant I kill anyone in an FPS??????
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why cant I kill anyone in an FPS?????? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Is anyone still applying hacks? I haven’t played these in ten years but back then the cheats were rampant. Little millennial kids who couldn’t handle getting beat so they’d cheat.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Is anyone still applying hacks? I haven’t played these in ten years but back then the cheats were rampant. Little millennial kids who couldn’t handle getting beat so they’d cheat.

Does the Pope shit in the woods? He would if he was stranded out there and ate a bunch of chili before his Popemobile broke down.

Ain't never gonna get rid of cheaters. Not until I win the lottery and put together hit squads to fly around the world and break the hands of cheaters.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I quit.

I played all the way through until CoD WW2. One week in and because I didn't have the level 52 guns or was willing to buy a crap ton of loot crates (having pre ordered the $95 ultimate package) I was dead meat and could not be successful.
I got bored I guess. One night i rage quit. I haven't logged in since.

You guys got me hooked on World of Tanks and I have not looked back.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I wanna make a joke about GIT GUD NEWB,

but instead because I am a filthy casual on the pc, whatcha screen names for WOT?

To be fair, my best record in BF1 is 39 and 9.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am klaatu_Barada on WoT. even after six months I am still a noob, but I am having fun again. When I have a bad day I go home, load up the KV-2 and derp a T-67, hellcat, or name a tank. And it makes me laugh.

I logged into CoD, woohoo, another 16gb update, and then it was just spawndiespawndiespawndiespawndie. I think a group figured out how to shoot into the various spawns and were just taggin me from a distance so the RNG engine just kept spawning me at a 'safe' distance but not really. I was done (again).

Loaded up my 'Easy8' and started hunting TD's. Don't get me wrong, I still suck, I still die pretty much every game, but I am having fun.
FWIW, I loved/hated Infinite Warfare, I loved the space stations and such. But man, sometimes certain matches were a real grind. Towards the end, most of the matches were a grind. But I could not get WWII to work for me. Just a day in and guys had multiple prestige with the 'guns that just melt' and I had had enough.

If they figure out a way to make it so I can play without having to quit my job and twitch stream my life playing CoD to support myself, fine. But make the game so the casual gamer can play and have fun, I would love to come back.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:

Does the Pope shit in the woods? He would if he was stranded out there and ate a bunch of chili before his Popemobile broke down.

Ain't never gonna get rid of cheaters. Not until I win the lottery and put together hit squads to fly around the world and break the hands of cheaters.

That’s what I figured and why I don’t play games anymore. Too much adult shit that needs tending to. If I get two hours to myself I watch a film and relax instead of getting pissed off at some 10 year old spoiled rat applying hacks to get a kill.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
aggressively wait for opponents (camping)

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Well it could be because you have no reflexes whatsoever, or your computer stinks, or your internet connection is horrible, or a combination of all of them.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
aggressively wait for opponents (camping)

Takes me back...

https://youtu.be/bLMYTQUw8Lc

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

How, exactly, does one 'hack' or 'cheat' in a modern game, anyway? I played Star Wars Battlefront a bit, and got pretty good with vehicles. I would sometimes get 30-80 kills per one or two deaths, and people would call me a hacker. How does that work? I download and click on Hacker.exe?

I think most of the people claiming 'hacks' are just PO'd players that got their butts handed to them. . .

Now, my problem was that I couldn't aim to save my life. I adjusted my play and got into vehicles whenever possible, and got pretty good at it.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There are obvious hacks still employed in games. I've only really seen it in Counter-Strike, though. Aimbots and wallhacks are still going strong.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Takes me back...

https://youtu.be/bLMYTQUw8Lc

FYI.

Season 16 is starting soon...

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post