SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Rewatching favorite shows
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rewatching favorite shows Login/Join 
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted
I just read an article the other day that showed that when someone rewatches a favorite TV show, it actually has health benefits like lower stress levels. Seems to make you calmer, since you already know how the show ends, but the familiarity of it helps you to relax.

That's cool... I'm in the middle of rewatching Babylon 5. And Sheldon was wrong, I like this so much better than his TV show.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I rewatch shows all the time. MASH, Hogans Heros, The Wild Wild West, Starsky and Hutch, and Moonlighting are what I've been working on lately. And, Last Man Standing.

Posts: 7520 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I rewatch Band of Brothers about once a year. Usually around the holidays.

Once Game of Thrones ends its final season in mid-2019, I plan to immediately go back and watch the whole series straight through again.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I've watched 'The West Wing' and 'Last Man Standing' twice. I've seen every episode of M*A*S*H a number of times since is so widely syndicated.

Some Great TV

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
"Columbo", by far my favorite.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justified, twice.
Cheers
Fraser

Really want Northern Exposure but can’t find it on Netflix or Prime yet. Frown

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done that with a few series:
Miami Vice
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
La Femme Nikita (Peta Wilson)
Babylon 5
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
The Rockford Files
Star Trek (original)

Sometimes it's has been a chore getting through some of the weaker seasons. Season 1 of The Rockford Files was particularly disappointing. Generally though, it's a nice journey down memory lane.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Currently rewatching:
Firefly
Justified
Last Man Standing
Rules of Engagement
Stargate: Atlantis
30rock

I watch Band of Brothers (and Firefly) once a year.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Once Game of Thrones ends its final season in mid-2019, I plan to immediately go back and watch the whole series straight through again.

we are thinking of doing that before it is released, or at minimum , the last couple seasons

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I've watched a few shows that I really like at least 3-4 times all the way though.

Psych
Community
Mushi-shi

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

we are thinking of doing that before it is released, or at minimum , the last couple seasons

I rewatched seasons 1 through 6 before watching 7, then rewatched season 7 a few months later just because it was so terrific.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we have MEtv. TV for old people.
Recent programs:
Perry Mason.
77 Sunset Strip.
The Untouchables.
Peter Gunn.
They even did Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crawford. That was cool.
A few years back they reran Combat!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"...could I have a double whammy burger with cheese...?"

"You getting this?"

Ya know, I feel better already...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
Justified, twice.

x6 for me, for Justified
I am currently watching Deadwood for the third time. So many actors/actresses overlap the two series (and others, like Bosch), that it is entertaining to identify more each time through. Both are great series.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Only thing that takes joy away from rewatching your favorite series is having it on a network/provider that has commercials.

Nothing like having a commercial block every 10 minutes...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We,ve been watching The Middle a funny sitcom that doesn't portray the Dad as a dumbbell like most others. Patrica Heaton is still good looking.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I've been watching reruns of the Andy Griffith Show my entire life. It's an old friend.

I also watch reruns of Seinfeld, Frasier, and Psych.

My husband is rewatching Babylon 5 and it's anything but calming and stress-reducing for me. It's loud, flashy, and cheesy--which he claims is part of its charm. Razz

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The first two seasons of Sanford and Son was epic TV. I have a few of them memorized.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Gunsmoke.
Had to watch it as a kid. Now it's kinda cool.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
The wife is stuck on the various Star Trek spin offs.Currently Voyager. They are not bad really, but we are in the season with 7 of 9. Jeri Ryan is possibly one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post