SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Honey Chandler (portrayed by Mimi Rogers). Although I don't really like her as a person (liberal, ex-Scientologist) I like the role. What is needed is for the Chandler character to have to do something she doesn't want to, for example defend Chief Irving after he is charged with criminal civil rights violations for shipping the druggie/homeless/mentally ill to San San Francisco. Its not the civil rights of the druggie/homeless/mentally ill he allegedly violated, rather it is the civil rights of the people already living in these cities that he violated.

I didn't realize it until the season where she was defending Bosch that she's playing a version of Mickey Haller, the Lincoln Lawyer.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Honey Chandler was a character in the novel, The Concrete Blonde. Her character on the show is very similar.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Well, she's a combination of the two characters from the novel.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ran through 6 yesterday/today. Man I wish there were more episodes per season.

Watching it I kept thinking:

Doesn't his neck hurt like that?

If he shoots, he's fix'n to put his eye out. Wink

And I couldn't see Richard Brooks on screen without hearing "Does that seem right to you?" Big Grin

("Am I a lion?")

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I just finished season 4. I’m enjoying the series. The cabin gunfight that ended season 2 had me wondering bout his neck & shooting his gun too..
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Ran through 6 yesterday/today. Man I wish there were more episodes per season.

Watching it I kept thinking:

Doesn't his neck hurt like that?

If he shoots, he's fix'n to put his eye out. Wink

And I couldn't see Richard Brooks on screen without hearing "Does that seem right to you?" Big Grin

("Am I a lion?")

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Started watching S1 last week, about midway through it & liking it so far. Avoiding reading too much through this thread to avoid spoilers.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lithog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Bosch is into jazz.

There is a Bosch playlist on Amazon Music.
Bosch playlist

---------------------------
"Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger, THE SHOOTER

Posts: 1216 | Location: Memphis,Tenn.,USA | Registered: October 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 6. Gonna miss this cast of characters, Series was well done!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes, agreed, but I thought a seventh season will be the final season?

quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Just finished season 6. Gonna miss this cast of characters, Series was well done!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understand season 7 to be the final one. I’ll miss not streaming 4 episodes a night I should’ve said..
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Yes, agreed, but I thought a seventh season will be the final season?

quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Started watching S1 last week, about midway through it & liking it so far. Avoiding reading too much through this thread to avoid spoilers.

Started S6 yesterday. Show has reeled me in & has me hooked.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Got my wife into it recently. Started back at Season 3 with her, just finished 6. She's hooked!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just finished S6, what a great show.

The only thing I found amusing was how he kept following people at close distances in the most obvious cop car ever and they never made him

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Just finished S6, what a great show.

The only thing I found amusing was how he kept following people at close distances in the most obvious cop car ever and they never made him

I noticed that too.

Heck of a finale for S6 Eek

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Season 7 was released today!!

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:

Saw the first two episodes last night. A little underwhelmed.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm finishing up Counterpart and plan to dive into this next. Hoping for a great series finale.

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My roommate was a long time fan of the Bosch books, which I never read. When the series first came out she got me to watching it and I've enjoyed it. After a season or so she decided it was too different from some of the books, plus the time offset (Bosch being a Gulf War vet instead of Vietnam) bothered her, and quit watching it. I'm working on season 6 now.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ I'll have to add the Bosch series to my growing book list, along with The Expanse.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:

Saw the first two episodes last night. A little underwhelmed.

I thought the same. I was pretty underwhelmed too. I will finish it up this weekend but it might be a good thing this is the last season.

One thing the series hasn't shown is ALL the other murders Bosch and team would be investigating: the numerous gang/cartel thug on thug shootings/drive bys/assassinations with the collateral damage of innocents shot and killed. Not to mention the usual assortment of domestic violence and stupid on stupid murders.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post