SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I like his house and stereo setup.

I bet he has Comcast for internet. Big Grin

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Home sick yesterday so I binged the entire first season. Pretty good show even if it is a familiar trope.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Season 3 starts on April 21, 2017 ...

Just a reminder for everyone.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just watched the first episode of Season 3 and for the life of me, I couldn't remember anything from the novels while watching it. But it was a good start.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to season 3!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Season 3 should be out now.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Season 3 should be out now.

It is. Just added it to my watchlist.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Just watched the first episode of Season 3 and for the life of me, I couldn't remember anything from the novels while watching it. But it was a good start.

I've watched episodes 1 and 2 now, and the only thread I can find that relates to any book is the director thing, from A Darkness More Than Night, and that only really comes in at the end of episode 2. If that is the case, it makes for a good intro for Jack McEvoy, the reporter, and Mickey Haller.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I really liked Episode 2. This is going to be a really good season. I wonder if we'll get to see Kiz in this season.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really liked Episode 2. This is going to be a really good season. I wonder if we'll get to see Kiz in this season.

Kiz maybe, but I definitely think we will see Mickey Haller. It is predestined. Smile

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The books were very good. I've enjoyed the series on Amazon so far and just started season 3. Titus is a better Bosch than Cruise is a Reacher.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is the theme song from Bosch 12 times louder then the rest of the show. It always blows my ears out when I watch it in the theater.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The theater?

Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I think we would like to see photos of you theater. Big Grin

I just have a plain old living room. No man cave. Frown

I too am enjoying Bosch. I'm on season 2 episode 3 now. Just found it a couple of weeks ago. The wife likes it but she wants us to finish Dexter before starting something new. I couldn't wait once I saw the first episode.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished up season 3 as it was a crappy weekend here weather wise. Much like the previous 2 seasons, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I think we would like to see photos of you theater. Big Grin

I just have a plain old living room. No man cave. Frown

I too am enjoying Bosch. I'm on season 2 episode 3 now. Just found it a couple of weeks ago. The wife likes it but she wants us to finish Dexter before starting something new. I couldn't wait once I saw the first episode.

Don't get too excited it's the worlds smallest theater. Screen is about 110".

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Is it just me or is the theme song from Bosch 12 times louder then the rest of the show. It always blows my ears out when I watch it in the theater.

it is quite loud.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I burned through it in two days. Good stuff.
My mistake was not doing my norm, I should have rewatched season 2 before watching 3, I only rewatched the last episode.

My only issue is his serious cross eye dominance when shooting (blanks). Big Grin Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That stare Bosch was giving Walker to end out the season sent chills down my spine. 2018 and Season 4 won't come soon enough!

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

After getting up to episode 5 now, there are two books that stand out. First, the murder of Billy Meadows (the guy in the RV at the very opening of episode 1) comes directly from Connelly's first book, The Black Echo. I've read the books in sequence as they were published, and The Black Echo was put out in 1992. Back then, and throughout the book series, Bosch is a Vietnam vet, and a former "tunnel rat". Billy Meadows was a fellow "tunnel rat" who served with Bosch in Vietnam. Of course they had to update the TV series to make Bosch an Afghan vet.

The second book referenced is definitely A Darkness More Than Night, but we don't see the FBI agent Terry McCaleb. Also, the reporter in the TV series is Jack McEvoy, though he is called Anderson in the show. But the whole plot of the director accused of murder, and his ex-cop security guy, is right out of that story.