SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I finished it last week and agree. They did do a great job recreating the ambiance of the books. Titus Welliver is a strange fucker, but he works well as H. Bosch.

Apparently his tats are real. You'd think that an actor/actress would think twice about getting a lot of extensive tattoos. That could limit some of their future roles or make a challenge for the makeup department.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 14495 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I finished it last week and agree. They did do a great job recreating the ambiance of the books. Titus Welliver is a strange fucker, but he works well as H. Bosch.

Apparently his tats are real. You'd think that an actor/actress would think twice about getting a lot of extensive tattoos. That could limit some of their future roles or make a challenge for the makeup department.

I’ve listened to several interviews/podcasts with him. He’s awkward, but certainly has a passion for his character development. He puts in the time and takes it seriously, he knew going in to Bosch he couldn’t cut any corners. Apparently his little brother is a huge fan of the novels and was pissed that Titus was going to play the role out of fear that he would ruin the character for him.

Also, Bosch getting a dog was Titus’ idea and had to really push for it. The writers originally wanted to not have the dog come back at the end of season 5 and leave it unknown. Titus fought that hard as the dog represents more than just a dog to Bosch. The dog’s story line is that he’s survived so much, like Bosch, and that he would know he’s finally loved and where “home” is now.

Posts: 2378 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post