SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
4th episode caught me off guard.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Didn't enjoy S4 as much as prior seasons. BLM shit was annoying. There was some satisfaction in the last episode not left some loose threads dangling just begging for justice / closure.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watched season 4 this weekend. Weather here was rain,snow,freezing rain then more snow and rain so it was certainly appreciated.
I enjoyed this season much more than season 3. Does anyone know whether this was the last season or if there will be another?

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
It's already been renewed through a Season 5

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 4 last night. Overall I enjoyed it, but felt there were some dry spots.

Yes, episode 4 came as a bit of a shock.

I did like the end of the last episode and agree it was nice to have closure on that issue.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Didn't enjoy S4 as much as prior seasons. BLM shit was annoying. There was some satisfaction in the last episode not left some loose threads dangling just begging for justice / closure.

The BLM stuff is what was/is happening everywhere. I had some flashbacks while watching it to the recent "protests" here for the Shockley verdict. In the end, our experiences mirrored those in Bosch, big groups first making lots of noise, dwindling down to almost no one showing up.

I liked this season. In my opinion, each season has been better than the previous season, all the characters have grown.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved "Crate and Barrel" clearing the big case! The scene with them in uniform actually happened to a couple of my department's older detectives when they went to get their uniforms out of storage in preparation for the Michael Brown Protests aka the Ferguson Riots. They had to go out and buy new uniforms. In fact in the weeks before the Brown Grand Jury, the local uniform shop was full of detectives getting fitted and outfitted for new uniforms (everybody was on Protest/Riot duty).

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Soooo..no sweat pants? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

The BLM stuff is what was/is happening everywhere. I had some flashbacks while watching it to the recent "protests" here for the Shockley verdict. In the end, our experiences mirrored those in Bosch, big groups first making lots of noise, dwindling down to almost no one showing up.

I liked this season. In my opinion, each season has been better than the previous season, all the characters have grown.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved "Crate and Barrel" clearing the big case! The scene with them in uniform actually happened to a couple of my department's older detectives when they went to get their uniforms out of storage in preparation for the Michael Brown Protests aka the Ferguson Riots. They had to go out and buy new uniforms. In fact in the weeks before the Brown Grand Jury, the local uniform shop was full of detectives getting fitted and outfitted for new uniforms (everybody was on Protest/Riot duty).

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and the wife have listened to a lot of the Bosch/Lincoln Lawyer books on tape while driving to kids colleges and such. Enjoy the series (Bosch a little more than LL)and like the Amazon series as well. We see the plots from book we have "read" and being cross dominant, I like seeing it on the screen. Being cross dominant, it's cool to see it from the other side. Will have to binge Season 4.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was my favorite season. The politics of the city and department are always a big part of the novels and it was great to see so much of it. Irvin FTW!!

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I just started watching Bosch. I am in season 2 just past the cops death and I have to say it is one of the better cop shows out there.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I just started watching Bosch. I am in season 2 just past the cops death and I have to say it is one of the better cop shows out there.

Yep, in fact at Bosch's desk he has a piece of paper with something I always tell my officers: "Knock On Some Doors" and ask some questions. I said in a previous discussion on "The Rookie" I have to go watch a season of Bosch to get the bad crap out of mind.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Just watched the free episode 1 season 1 - some plot from the eight book in the series - City of Bones. They even played the Frank Moran song from the book. And you see Rider's name on the homicide board.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep, in fact at Bosch's desk he has a piece of paper with something I always tell my officers: "Knock On Some Doors" and ask some questions. I said in a previous discussion on "The Rookie" I have to go watch a season of Bosch to get the bad crap out of mind.

“Get off your ass and go knock on doors”

Yep, that’s the type of stuff I like. That and the banter. When the LT was talking about promoting to captain and the division started talking about how to screw her in the process so she wouldn’t get promoted and stay with them is spot on. Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Came across it a couple months back and power watched the entire series (all seasons) in about two weeks time.

Loved it.

Not a spoiler, but one of my favorite lines is with an ex-girlfriend who he crosses paths with. He is understandably cold to her. She says “You know Harry, I’d really like it if we could stay friends”

His reply - “What’s the point?”

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

“Get off your ass and go knock on doors”

Yep, that’s the type of stuff I like. That and the banter. When the LT was talking about promoting to captain and the division started talking about how to screw her in the process so she wouldn’t get promoted and stay with them is spot on. Smile

Just wait till you get to the latest season....Crate and Barrel trying to get into uniforms due to pending riots and protests is hilarious; I watched the same thing happen with my department's older detectives.....everyone had to go get new uniforms. Big Grin Oh, you will love the serendipity that can only occur in a cop's life resulting in Crate and Barrel clearing the HUGE case. Wink

teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I finished Season 1 yesterday and will start 2 later today.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I am in season 2 now. I like the part where after the bad guy got shot, he sits down at the Dillon and starts reloading.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
got season 1 going; saw 1, now episode 2 is first.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Started watching it recently and binged a few episodes over the holidays. Just started season two. So far it's going to go.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
New season starts April 19.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post