SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
C. Thomas Howell?

Oh God I'm old now!

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished season last night. Anyone else feel there are too many things left hanging? I amticipated Bosch's carry over case, but Edgars situation, Lt Billets and the numbers, and whatever Robertson was working, left hanging. Unless I missed a whole lot.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Finished season last night. Anyone else feel there are too many things left hanging? I amticipated Bosch's carry over case, but Edgars situation, Lt Billets and the numbers, and whatever Robertson was working, left hanging. Unless I missed a whole lot.

That was what my daughter and I were saying.

SPOILER-

At least Coltrane came home.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:

That was what my daughter and I were saying.

SPOILER-

At least Coltrane came home.

I too thought there was a lot of significant story lines that didn't get wrapped up. I can see a couple carrying over, much like KTK and Elanor getting back in as a Fed (before Elanor was gunned down). Story lines akin to those always seemed to be running background noise and used for character development. But this season found almost all of the main characters having a significant case or ethical dilemma come their way. Only a year to find out...

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have to say I really enjoy this show - found the first couple of seasons on a work trip and now enjoy the different threads and ability to leave some things 'hanging' or unresolved.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good season 5 for Bosch. Only a year till Season 6..

Good choice on the name of Harry's dog, Coltrane. Glad the season ended with Harry getting up to open the door for Coltrane to come in. Hope Coltrane is back in Season 6.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Webley Green:
Good season 5 for Bosch. Only a year till Season 6..

Good choice on the name of Harry's dog, Coltrane. Glad the season ended with Harry getting up to open the door for Coltrane to come in. Hope Coltrane is back in Season 6.
Agree 100%. Enough of the story wrapped up to get some satisfaction at the end of S5, but plenty of threads to pull for the next season.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I was introunced to Bosch through the book "Two Kinds Of Truth," which was a Christmas gift from the wife.

I enjoyed the book and the watched the series on Amazon Prime.

At some point, I might try to delve into the other Bosch novels. For now, I am content to offer an instant karma to someone wanting to read the book "Two Kinds Of Truth," by Michael Connelly.

So, first to claim in thread and backed by an email, gets to read the Bosch novel the most recent season is based on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
At some point, I might try to delve into the other Bosch novels.

It is a fertile source of good reading. I started with the first Bosch novel, when it was published in 1992, and have read every one in the order they arrived.

Bosch novels in order of publication.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:

Bosch novels in order of publication.

Thanks for the info. Just ordered first book from Amazon, should be here tomorrow.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was introunced to Bosch through the book "Two Kinds Of Truth," which was a Christmas gift from the wife.

I enjoyed the book and the watched the series on Amazon Prime.

At some point, I might try to delve into the other Bosch novels. For now, I am content to offer an instant karma to someone wanting to read the book "Two Kinds Of Truth," by Michael Connelly.

So, first to claim in thread and backed by an email, gets to read the Bosch novel the most recent season is based on.

I’d love to read it if still available!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
quote:

It's yours. Drop me an email with your address. If you enjoy it, pass it on when finished. Smile

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

**SPOILER**

Interesting at Barrel's retirement party he reveals he took the DROP (deferred retirement option plan) rather than retiring outright. The DROP becomes a major theme for Bosch in the later books, when Bosch goes with the DROP and comes back to work the Cold Case squad.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryaz,

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Finished season 5.....spoiler ahead!!!!!!!!!

The Chief getting the call of the home invasion and triple homicide at Bosch's house, hangs up the phone and mutters with a heavy sigh, "Bosch".

Crying that it is a long time to next year. Lots of story lines for season 6:

1. Cut Up Body Serial Killer
2. Edgar's investigation: corrupt cops, stolen guns and death squad boss.
3. Daisy Clayton's murder.
4. Chief running for mayor.

and of course:

5. The continuing adventures of Crate and Barrel Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ How about chief planting evidence on 20 year old murder case? I wanna see that play out.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
^^^ How about chief planting evidence on 20 year old murder case? I wanna see that play out.

All the photo evidence is now destroyed and the only ones who know are Chief, Bosch, and the killer Boarders.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Interesting at Barrel's retirement party he reveals xxxxxxxxxxx. The xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Hey, thanks for that spoiler warning, there. Most appreciated. Not just the TV series either. Well done.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Good season. Yep, a lot of things hanging but that's fodder for upcoming seasons. Pretty typical for on-going sagas.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
quote:

It's yours. Drop me an email with your address. If you enjoy it, pass it on when finished. Smile

Hi, the email in your profile came back “undeliverable.” Do you have another one? Thanks again!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I finished this year's season today and really enjoyed. I remember this story pretty vividly from the book and I think they did a great job of recreating it.

Now the long wait til next year!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post