https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/2050057914

February 27, 2017, 10:54 AM
grumpy1
Bosch on Amazon Prime
I like his house and stereo setup.

I bet he has Comcast for internet. Big Grin
February 28, 2017, 09:33 AM
YellowJacket
Home sick yesterday so I binged the entire first season. Pretty good show even if it is a familiar trope.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
April 18, 2017, 11:23 AM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Season 3 starts on April 21, 2017 ...

Just a reminder for everyone.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
April 21, 2017, 12:41 AM
Orguss
Just watched the first episode of Season 3 and for the life of me, I couldn't remember anything from the novels while watching it. But it was a good start.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
April 21, 2017, 01:04 PM
6guns
Looking forward to season 3!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
April 21, 2017, 03:43 PM
Oz_Shadow
Season 3 should be out now.
April 21, 2017, 07:52 PM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Season 3 should be out now.

It is. Just added it to my watchlist.

April 22, 2017, 09:08 PM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Just watched the first episode of Season 3 and for the life of me, I couldn't remember anything from the novels while watching it. But it was a good start.

I've watched episodes 1 and 2 now, and the only thread I can find that relates to any book is the director thing, from A Darkness More Than Night, and that only really comes in at the end of episode 2. If that is the case, it makes for a good intro for Jack McEvoy, the reporter, and Mickey Haller.

April 22, 2017, 10:18 PM
Orguss
I really liked Episode 2. This is going to be a really good season. I wonder if we'll get to see Kiz in this season.

April 22, 2017, 10:54 PM
henryaz
quote:
I really liked Episode 2. This is going to be a really good season. I wonder if we'll get to see Kiz in this season.

Kiz maybe, but I definitely think we will see Mickey Haller. It is predestined. Smile

April 23, 2017, 06:43 PM
mcrimm
The books were very good. I've enjoyed the series on Amazon so far and just started season 3. Titus is a better Bosch than Cruise is a Reacher.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham
April 23, 2017, 09:09 PM
Dusty78
Is it just me or is the theme song from Bosch 12 times louder then the rest of the show. It always blows my ears out when I watch it in the theater.

April 23, 2017, 10:09 PM
Orguss
The theater?

April 23, 2017, 10:33 PM
scot818
I think we would like to see photos of you theater. Big Grin

I just have a plain old living room. No man cave. Frown

I too am enjoying Bosch. I'm on season 2 episode 3 now. Just found it a couple of weeks ago. The wife likes it but she wants us to finish Dexter before starting something new. I couldn't wait once I saw the first episode.
April 24, 2017, 06:13 AM
MattW
Finished up season 3 as it was a crappy weekend here weather wise. Much like the previous 2 seasons, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next one.
April 24, 2017, 06:34 AM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I think we would like to see photos of you theater. Big Grin

I just have a plain old living room. No man cave. Frown

I too am enjoying Bosch. I'm on season 2 episode 3 now. Just found it a couple of weeks ago. The wife likes it but she wants us to finish Dexter before starting something new. I couldn't wait once I saw the first episode.

Don't get too excited it's the worlds smallest theater. Screen is about 110".

April 24, 2017, 09:46 AM
YellowJacket
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Is it just me or is the theme song from Bosch 12 times louder then the rest of the show. It always blows my ears out when I watch it in the theater.

it is quite loud.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
April 24, 2017, 11:04 AM
cas
I burned through it in two days. Good stuff.
My mistake was not doing my norm, I should have rewatched season 2 before watching 3, I only rewatched the last episode.

My only issue is his serious cross eye dominance when shooting (blanks). Big Grin Wink

April 24, 2017, 08:09 PM
Orguss
That stare Bosch was giving Walker to end out the season sent chills down my spine. 2018 and Season 4 won't come soon enough!

April 24, 2017, 09:07 PM
henryaz
quote:

After getting up to episode 5 now, there are two books that stand out. First, the murder of Billy Meadows (the guy in the RV at the very opening of episode 1) comes directly from Connelly's first book, The Black Echo. I've read the books in sequence as they were published, and The Black Echo was put out in 1992. Back then, and throughout the book series, Bosch is a Vietnam vet, and a former "tunnel rat". Billy Meadows was a fellow "tunnel rat" who served with Bosch in Vietnam. Of course they had to update the TV series to make Bosch an Afghan vet.

The second book referenced is definitely A Darkness More Than Night, but we don't see the FBI agent Terry McCaleb. Also, the reporter in the TV series is Jack McEvoy, though he is called Anderson in the show. But the whole plot of the director accused of murder, and his ex-cop security guy, is right out of that story.