SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Bosch on Amazon Prime Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Binged it and enjoyed it. I did not see a rail on the 1911.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
 
Posts: 10297 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I didn’t notice until episode 2, when the police and fbi were securing the sovereigns house that Harry had the railed 1911.

That’s as far as the wife and I have gotten. She wants to binge watch it but I’m trying to stretch it out since it’s one of my favorites.
 
Posts: 1216 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Not only railed it appears to have an external extractor. He used to have a Kimber, I'm not sure what his new pistol is.


"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."
 
Posts: 667 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
I haven't started Season 6 yet, but IMFDB still shows the TLE II for S6. I'll have to pay attention to his gun when I watch.


--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God
 
Posts: 833 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Has Harry always had a Black Echo poster up in his house?




"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."
 
Posts: 9045 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Yes, to the poster. He made the comment that it had paid for the house.
 
Posts: 4790 | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Bloodwork is referred to in the novels. I can't remember if it's by Harry Bosch or another character, though.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 16713 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
its a Kimber. It matches the Kimber approved for the SIS of the LAPD that Bosch also carries in the book (although not exclusively)


We finished season 6. I liked it. I also liked how they’re spending a fair amount of time with the secondary and even tertiary characters.


——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?
 
Posts: 7586 | Location: Bristow, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you go to the season 6 IMDB page there is a pretty good picture of the pistol being held. It has straight front and rear cocking striations, an external extractor and a flat solid trigger. Silver barrel, silver trigger and silver skeletonized hammer. There appear to be no roll marks on the right side of the frame.
Honestly the closest thing I could find to it was the SIG 1911 Extreme. I believe the Kimber SIS had the "S" shaped striations and an internal extractor.


"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."
 
Posts: 667 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Bloodwork is referred to in the novels. I can't remember if it's by Harry Bosch or another character, though.
Just finished Blood Work, Michael Connelly's 1998 Terry McCaleb #1, the FBI profiler.
 
Posts: 10249 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just finished S1. Working through S2. Good stuff!


_____________________________________________________________________

דרקון
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 12344 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Just finished S1. Working through S2. Good stuff!


And it keeps getting better. I did not binge watch season 6, stretched it out over 3 days. Season 6 episodes really flowed together. Season 6 was excellent (of course they all have been great). I did have one minor quibble about the season 6 last episode and will not say anything right now because it is a big spoiler.

Now I am sad.......I have another whole year to go for season 7. Frown
 
Posts: 3081 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks- I see a poll forthcoming on which season of Bosch is best!
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Just finished S1. Working through S2. Good stuff!


And it keeps getting better. I did not binge watch season 6, stretched it out over 3 days. Season 6 episodes really flowed together. Season 6 was excellent (of course they all have been great). I did have one minor quibble about the season 6 last episode and will not say anything right now because it is a big spoiler.

Now I am sad.......I have another whole year to go for season 7. Frown


_____________________________________________________________________

דרקון
امّا شما مشخص خواهد شد كه با همه شما را ملاقات کنند
 
Posts: 12344 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kxc223:
If you go to the season 6 IMDB page there is a pretty good picture of the pistol being held. It has straight front and rear cocking striations, an external extractor and a flat solid trigger. Silver barrel, silver trigger and silver skeletonized hammer. There appear to be no roll marks on the right side of the frame.
Honestly the closest thing I could find to it was the SIG 1911 Extreme. I believe the Kimber SIS had the "S" shaped striations and an internal extractor.


Interesting. In past episodes, he's had the SIS. There was an episode in Season 4 (? I think) where SIS took down the wife of the cop who was accused of killing Ellias. Both Bosch and the female SIS officer had Kimber SIS pistols.




www.opspectraining.com

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011



 
Posts: 34048 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just finished Season 6. I thought it ended very well.

I'd like to add that I really like the J. Edgar character in the show, as opposed to the novel version; however, I do wish the show let them part ways after Edgar got shot so we could see Bosch partner up with other detectives in a similar fashion to the novels.



"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
 
Posts: 16713 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by kxc223:
If you go to the season 6 IMDB page there is a pretty good picture of the pistol being held. It has straight front and rear cocking striations, an external extractor and a flat solid trigger. Silver barrel, silver trigger and silver skeletonized hammer. There appear to be no roll marks on the right side of the frame.
Honestly the closest thing I could find to it was the SIG 1911 Extreme. I believe the Kimber SIS had the "S" shaped striations and an internal extractor.


Interesting. In past episodes, he's had the SIS. There was an episode in Season 4 (? I think) where SIS took down the wife of the cop who was accused of killing Ellias. Both Bosch and the female SIS officer had Kimber SIS pistols.


Looks like a normal Kimber Custom TLE-II to me. The Kimber SIS model has distinctive “SIS” shaped serrations. Also Bosch isnt in SIS, so he wouldnt be issued one anyways. Current carry by LAPD SIS is the Glock 30S which they actually helped develop with Glock based on their criteria.



"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"
 
Posts: 3145 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Justice Forever
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I always wanted one of those pistols but in the 4" or 3" variation.

I am late to the party. I just started S1 last night. I needed something to watch after finishing Ozark. I can't believe I never watched this before!

quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by kxc223:
If you go to the season 6 IMDB page there is a pretty good picture of the pistol being held. It has straight front and rear cocking striations, an external extractor and a flat solid trigger. Silver barrel, silver trigger and silver skeletonized hammer. There appear to be no roll marks on the right side of the frame.
Honestly the closest thing I could find to it was the SIG 1911 Extreme. I believe the Kimber SIS had the "S" shaped striations and an internal extractor.


Interesting. In past episodes, he's had the SIS. There was an episode in Season 4 (? I think) where SIS took down the wife of the cop who was accused of killing Ellias. Both Bosch and the female SIS officer had Kimber SIS pistols.


Looks like a normal Kimber Custom TLE-II to me. The Kimber SIS model has distinctive “SIS” shaped serrations. Also Bosch isnt in SIS, so he wouldnt be issued one anyways. Current carry by LAPD SIS is the Glock 30S which they actually helped develop with Glock based on their criteria.
 
Posts: 2765 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I wasn't able to 'pre-load' by re-watching the previous seasons, but I also enjoyed this current season. I expected the kickoff theme to play out a bit more through the season, but I guess it's ramifications did until the end.

The J Edgar stuff was cool, giving it more time on him and the backstory that has been burbling up the last couple of seasons.
 
Posts: 45345 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I post this here rather than a new thread.

Bosch is into jazz.

I don't like maybe 95% of modern jazz - it sounds to me like people who can't play any instrument have successfully conned people into thinking the cacophony of fingernails on a blackboard they produce is somehow profound. Its irritating noise pollution.

That said, I like the theme from Bosch (Caught A Ghost's Can't Let Go) and some other background music. While I know its not strictly "jazz" (CAG's genre is Los Angeles' "indie electro soul" whatever the hell that means) I would like recommendations of music similar to Can't Let Go.

IIRC Jim Shugart is our resident jazz savant, so Jim, plus the rest of the hive mind, recommend away.

And please, no Rick Rolling or Trolololololololololloing.


As for the series itself, while I thoroughly enjoy each season, though they do tend toward stereotypes in characters and plots (e.g., drug addicted PTSD vets working for opioid diverters, Sovereign Citizens being armed to the teeth with guns and IEDs).

Wellliver has one part of the character down from his own life's experience - loss of loved ones. Welliver's life has been marked by loss: his older brother, Silas, a younger sister died as an infant, his stepmother died of an infection, his younger brother was killed in Thailand, and his fourth wife Elizabeth W. Alexander, died of breast cancer in 2012.

Of the other characters I like three:

Detective Christina Vega (portrayed by Jacqueline Obradors). She is smart, capable, and learning all the time. I'd like to see her get a larger role in the next season, possibly on an undercover assignment.

Chief of Police Irvin Irving (portrayed by Lance Reddick). I'm a Reddick fan from the John Wick series. His character Charon is played perfectly. In Bosch we see much more of his skill as an actor.

Honey Chandler (portrayed by Mimi Rogers). Although I don't really like her as a person (liberal, ex-Scientologist) I like the role. What is needed is for the Chandler character to have to do something she doesn't want to, for example defend Chief Irving after he is charged with criminal civil rights violations for shipping the druggie/homeless/mentally ill to San San Francisco. Its not the civil rights of the druggie/homeless/mentally ill he allegedly violated, rather it is the civil rights of the people already living in these cities that he violated.





Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

 
Posts: 28972 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I post this here rather than a new thread.

Bosch is into jazz.

I don't like maybe 95% of modern jazz - it sounds to me like people who can't play any instrument have successfully conned people into thinking the cacophony of fingernails on a blackboard they produce is somehow profound. Its irritating noise pollution.

That said, I like the theme from Bosch (Caught A Ghost's Can't Let Go) and some other background music. While I know its not strictly "jazz" (CAG's genre is Los Angeles' "indie electro soul" whatever the hell that means) I would like recommendations of music similar to Can't Let Go.

IIRC Jim Shugart is our resident jazz savant, so Jim, plus the rest of the hive mind, recommend away.

And please, no Rick Rolling or Trolololololololololloing.


Someone a year or two ago made a Bosch Jazz playlist, I think on apple music. As I don't have Apple music, I replicated the playlist on spotify. There is some really good, very accessible jazz in this list. Willow Weep for Me is just astounding, in particular.

https://open.spotify.com/playl...tCbUQSSfahVNNsy8j4HA



"The frost on the ground probably envies the frost on the trees."
 
Posts: 9045 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bosch on Amazon Prime

© SIGforum 2020