SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last Kingdom - Season 4 - Netflix - April 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Kingdom - Season 4 - Netflix - April 26 Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
I've enjoyed the show quite a lot so far:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/vNaITmq0cX0

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Cool, I was wondering when this would drop. Its been a while since season 3.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4358 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Pretty enjoyable but I'd say it's Go-Bots compared to Vikings.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Pretty enjoyable but I'd say it's Go-Bots compared to Vikings.

I thought Vikings was really good for the first few seasons, when it was focused on Ragnar. After that it's been pretty messy, with occasional bright spots.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
My wife (and I Big Grin) is looking forward to it. Just sat through a binge weekend of the first three seasons so she could remember what happened.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
My wife (and I Big Grin) is looking forward to it. Just sat through a binge weekend of the first three seasons so she could remember what happened.

I was gonna re-binge (is that a word yet??) next week. Love this show.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, that show....it's been awhile.

Entertaining, doesn't quite match first 4-seasons of Vikings but much, better than Knightfall and Norseman.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I guess I’m going to have to re-watch Season 1 and then continue if I like it.
I read all of Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Chronicle books, and sometimes there’s too much discrepancy between the characters in my head and those on video. Uhtred, for example, is much too much of a pretty boy in the video series for me.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I enjoy this show, a guilty pleasure

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I guess I’m going to have to re-watch Season 1 and then continue if I like it.
I read all of Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Chronicle books, and sometimes there’s too much discrepancy between the characters in my head and those on video. Uhtred, for example, is much too much of a pretty boy in the video series for me.

I always run the risk of being “the book guy,” when discussing series or movie of something I have read.

I enjoy the show. But part of that is going into it thinking it has names of people and places of books I have read, but is a different story.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Almost to season 4 now. We have enjoyed this show far more than we ever expected.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I watched Season 4 and rather enjoyed it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post