SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Spy - Sasha Baron Cohen
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Spy - Sasha Baron Cohen Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
I can't believe you guys are actually supporting this guy. The only thing I would watch with this ass clown is his public hanging.

This is why I have such disdain for this guy.

https://www.richmond.com/news/...a2-dddc75b05ebe.html

You have disdain for a satirical comedian because Van Cleave the president of a guns rights group is arguably one of the biggest idiots of all time for taking that bait?

I’d say the disdain is misdirected.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:
I can't believe you guys are actually supporting this guy. The only thing I would watch with this ass clown is his public hanging.

You have disdain for a satirical comedian because Van Cleave the president of a guns rights group is arguably one of the biggest idiots of all time for taking that bait?

Van Cleave's VCDL organization does great work in VA keeping the wolves at bay. Should he have been wiser and not fallen for the bait, sure. But he shouldn't have been baited in the first place.

I just guess I don't understand why there is so much love for Sasha Baron Cohen on this board just because of one "good" performance from this guy in a television show. Overall he is an ass.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:

Van Cleave's VCDL organization does great work in VA keeping the wolves at bay. Should he have been wiser and not fallen for the bait, sure. But he shouldn't have been baited in the first place.

I just guess I don't understand why there is so much love for Sasha Baron Cohen on this board just because of one "good" performance from this guy in a television show. Overall he is an ass.

People praise him for his good performance just as you hold disdain and call him an for his PERFORMANCES of characters in a television show.

The organization may do good work but what an absolute embarrassment Van Cleave was for even entertaining the idea.

Baron was doing nothing more than playing a ridiculous character and if anyone thought for a second there was even a hint of reality in that it is sad.

He plays provocative characters to show just how ridiculous people are and what they will do.

If you have some incidents where Baron as himself and not playing a character prove him to be an ass overall I could be swayed in my views.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Who was the bigger Ass, Sasha or Van Cleave. There is a reason I have only joined the VCDL one time and will not join again.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He is talented, but I don't like him coming to this country and inserting himself into the gun debate and I don't like that Borat shit, where he basically just fucked with Americans. Let him be funny elsewhere. I give very wide latitude to comedians standing on a stage and telling jokes. You know what you're getting. The audience knows, whether there in person, or tuning in to watch, but this guy made a profit by going around and fucking with Americans, some of whom invited this asshole into their homes.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get the a couple of teeth knocked out if ever again he tried that in his country. Now that would be funny.

I have zero tolerance for "practical jokes" and everyone who knows me in real life knows to never pull that juvenile shit with me. Oh, you want to see how I'll react? That's the purpose of practical jokes. Fuck with somebody, then see how they handle it. HA HA gosh, that's so imaginitive and funny, fucking with people and then they have to exhibit not only tolerance for this nonsense, they have to laugh along with those who are laughing at them. Fuck that. Practical jokes are not jokes at all. They're hazing and harrassmeent. Leave me completely out of that childish shit.

This guy falls into that category. Yes, he's taleted, but no, I'm not interested in his bullshit.

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is publicly hanged.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post