Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BattleBots 2019 Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The newer Bot on the scene "Huge" isn't the meanest or baddest looking Bot with those big white plastic wheels but, it's kicking some but and is hard to damage because it's so flexible and tough. I believe I heard somebody say tupperware like. Should be one to watch going into finals.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
The newer Bot on the scene "Huge" isn't the meanest or baddest looking Bot with those big white plastic wheels but, it's kicking some but and is hard to damage because it's so flexible and tough. I believe I heard somebody say tupperware like. Should be one to watch going into finals.

HUGE will go far IF it doesn't face a horizontal spinner like SOW. Horizontal spinners tore the crap out of HUGE's wheels last year.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

HUGE will go far IF it doesn't face a horizontal spinner like SOW. Horizontal spinners tore the crap out of HUGE's wheels last year.

Is that Son of Whyachi? (SOW) My thinking as well Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Some serious ass whuppins tonight.

Wouldnt have bet that Sawblaze would own SOW like that

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Witch Doctor looked really good, as well as Tombstone. Huge lost, but thanks to a great strategy and superior bot driving by his opponent, not by significant design or construction flaw.

A Minotaur vs Witch Doctor match would be fantastic.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thought it was odd that Huge caused more damage and disabled their primary weapon yet still lost. Confused

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yeah, thought it was odd that Huge caused more damage and disabled their primary weapon yet still lost. Confused

HUGE was pushed around the whole time and the only reason HUGE did any damage was the other driver was willing to accept it to get in close. It was a split decision and really could have gone either way. Huge Damage 3 points, the other bot got the points on Aggression 2 points and Control 2 points

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like the best thing going for Witch Doctor was the referee.

When Paul gets Bite Force 'fixed' I wonder if he can go for four?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Watching Tombstone's lurid demise reminded me of Gene Hackman's Buck Barrow at his end in "Bonnie and Clyde", just sad.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Looks like the best thing going for Witch Doctor was the referee.

When Paul gets Bite Force 'fixed' I wonder if he can go for four?

Between that and "Judge Lisa" who has never decided against Witch Doctor in a match. Also Death Roll didn't go himself any favors: Death Roll was mobile but primary weapon out, Witch Doctor not mobile, but primary weapon working; Death Roll should have hammered the sides and rear of Witch Doctor. Death Roll didn't thus losing out on position and aggression points, which would have made it a 4-3 decision in Death Roll's favor (exactly what the other bot did to HUGE). It did seem like the refs were giving the bots a little extra time before beginning the countdown.

Wow, Tombstone went from demolishing a bot in the Elite Eight round to being demolished in the semi final round. How many times this season have Tombstones wedges broken? I can think of at least two times. The horizontal spinners take themselves out half the time in matches. Byte Force had a great final match, loved seeing Witch Doctor torn apart and it takes the decision out of the Judges' hands.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Tombstone got wrecked, I was actually hoping he would win this year.

No idea what he thinks he needs to do to Bite Force, it's the best bot out there, nobody has found a weakness yet.

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Sad about Tombstone. Wonder if he's got a design flaw or just needs better materials or some type of scan (magnetometer ? or something) to see if there are flaws in the steel...?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Tombstone got wrecked, I was actually hoping he would win this year.

No idea what he thinks he needs to do to Bite Force, it's the best bot out there, nobody has found a weakness yet.

I think a flipper might do it, but it would have to be very mobile and agile with a very low lifting fork. So far the the drum spinners, vertical spinners, and horizontal spinners haven't stopped Byte Force.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
He owned Bronco earlier this season. Bronco was having a shit season but Bite Force still owned him big time.

Hydra was quite an impressive bot this year, the new hotness in flippers

to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
He owned Bronco earlier this season. Bronco was having a shit season but Bite Force still owned him big time.

Hydra was quite an impressive bot this year, the new hotness in flippers

Yep, Bronco was too slow and not agile enough. Also lift fork was too high to get under Byte Force. It may take another "Byte Force" style bot to take out Byte Force.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Bite Force will have to be out driven. The first bot to hit him HARD in the side will upset the king.

Just a matter of time, and kinda too bad because I like the owner/driver of Bite Force. Seems humble and doesn't go all ape shit when he wins.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Bite Force will have to be out driven. The first bot to hit him HARD in the side will upset the king.

Just a matter of time, and kinda too bad because I like the owner/driver of Bite Force. Seems humble and doesn't go all ape shit when he wins.

That armor on the side has taken shoots but it is very low profile and very strong. Whatever bot eventually dethrones the King (Byte Force) will have to be extremely well driven.