SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Max Hastings Book Coming This Fall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Max Hastings Book Coming This Fall Login/Join 
Eschew Obfuscation
posted
Except for one of his recent books (The Secret War: Spies, Ciphers, and Guerrillas), I have really enjoyed most of Max Hastings work.

I got a notification today from Amazon that he will have a book on the Vietnam war coming out this Fall (Oct. 16th). It's entitled "Vietnam: An Epic Tragedy, 1945-1975".

I noticed right away that he is looking back to 1945, which should be interesting. Too many historians start with the U.S. involvement in Vietnam and ignore the events that led up to that involvement.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Hastings is one of my favorite historians.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post