SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "Lady in the Water'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Lady in the Water' Login/Join 
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted
Another great thriller with Paul Giamatti on NETFLIX.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
thanks - rewatching it now. always liked that one. made me think of another great apartment complex film: The Florida Project, with Willem Dafoe.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Watched it last night. Interesting plot and quirky characters.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, no, that M. Night ShamaLammaDingDong guy?

Yeah, his movies blow. Just my opinion. Well, not just my opinion, but...

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I always think of this when I see the guy in that movie:

I think many his movies are great until the last 20 minutes. Then they totally blow.

I guess that still counts as a twist.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
There are a number of articles and essays that explain the actual meaning of the film, and after reading those, it has become one of my all time favorites. Highly underrated.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, no, that M. Night ShamaLammaDingDong guy?

Yeah, his movies blow. Just my opinion. Well, not just my opinion, but...

+1

I really, really don't get this guy.

Can't remember what movie it was that I was really pissed off when it ended and wondering why i was there in the first place. It was utter crap, IMO.

Ten the titles started rolling and I read the director's name. I smacked myself loudly in the forehead.

I blamed myself for not reading the small print on the poster.
He is the one and only director I avoid. Just him.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this guy.......avoid!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that one as it took different turns than what I thought was going to happen.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Can't remember what movie it was that I was really pissed off when it ended and wondering why i was there in the first place. It was utter crap, IMO.
Probably Signs

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Signs is dumb but The Happening is the worst movie of all time.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
It was The Happening, aka WTF?

Sci-fi, Marky Mark Wahlberg, EOTWAWKI, what could go wrong? The frigging director Mad

What a turd.

Sort if enjoyed Split. Good acting but particularly and specially because I still remember reading an article on Penthouse magazine back in the 80s titled The minds of Billy Mulligan (if i remember correctly) about this guy who had multiple personalities EXACTLY like the main character played by McAvoy. No surprises watching the movie, just remembering a conversation i had with a psychology student that had sketches of this freak story while i had all the info from the magazine. Goes to show that some people do read the articles Big Grin

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post