SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon Music special offer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Music special offer Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Amazon Music Unlimited – Currently there’s a special offer. 3 months for 99¢.

I bought a one-month subscription for Apple Music to see if I would like it, but found it disappointing. Classical music offerings are very limited.

A puzzle though – the return address of the email confirming my
Amazon Music Unlimited subscription was “Apple <no_reply@email.apple.com>”. Very odd…

And no, I don’t have an Apple email account.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I got in on the Amazon Music Unlimited deal last week to try out.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I bought a one-month subscription for Apple Music to see if I would like it, but found it disappointing. Classical music offerings are very limited.

There is not as much Classical as one might want, but there is a good selection. Click Browse, the Playlists, and from that screen choose Curators. Deutsche Grammophon has a good selection of Classical playlists, and Steinway & Sons for, of course, Classical piano. Some of the playlists are 4+ hours of music.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

There is not as much Classical as one might want, but there is a good selection. Click Browse, the Playlists, and from that screen choose Curators. Deutsche Grammophon has a good selection of Classical playlists, and Steinway & Sons for, of course, Classical piano. Some of the playlists are 4+ hours of music.

Thanks Henry, that’s helpful.

I know that you have Apple HomePods, and I’d like to buy a pair of them – all reviews praise their audio quality. HomePods have built-in Bluetooth hardware, but, AFAIK, Apple doesn’t currently support music delivery to them via Bluetooth. So it seems that Apple Music via the Internet/WiFi is currently the only way to get music to the HomePods. Am I wrong about that?

Anyway, the lure of HomePods is what prompted me to give Apple Music a try. If I’m not satisfied with it, I won’t buy the HomePods.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post