SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix? Login/Join 
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have liked both seasons.

I have a question about Ellen Page, however.

As far as I am concerned you do you, I don’t really care what your particular brand of crazy is as long as it doesn’t hurt anybody else as I am sure I have mine. That said has she gone through surgery to become “male” so to speak or did she just decide on day I’m a guy. Like I might decide one day I’m a Dalmatian and I piss on your leg? I mean I honestly don’t care beyond the medical facts that there are only two genders but is this a “real” thing or just a lesbian wanting to be the “more manly” side? Again I don’t REALLY give a shit. You do you, just curious really and if you are not going to surgically alter yourself are you really transgender? I mean love him/her or not Bruce Jenner at least went all in with his/her chips so to speak.

At any rate I really want to go back to a world where when somebody said tranny your first thought was 4,5 or 6 speed.

I'm not an expert, but I believe you are confusing "sex" with "gender". Sex refers to biological attributes. Gender refers to socially constructed roles and identities . One can be transgender without undergoing a sex change.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
The question is, will she still be welcome in the gay community? If one were to buy into her logic and reasoning, she identifies as a dude but still wants to get freaky with the ladies, that would technically make her a heterosexual.

It's all so very confusing.

The gay community supports him. He is a T in the LGBTQ lineup.

He is gender non-binary, neither identifying as male or female, thus not "technically" hetero as you suggest because of his gender.

In any case, my understanding is that if Elliott is into people with female biological sex organs, that he would still be considered homosexual as he is sexually (i.e. biologically) a female.

Gender and sex are not the same, although often used interchangeably.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Very true about gender vs. sex.

Lord I could never be LGBTQ...... too much work, too confusing, too many letters, pretty sure I wouldn't like dick. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, in any case she/he/whatever fits right into the crazy that is Umbrella Academy.

Season 3 should be pretty good Cool

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Well season 3 is complete garbage!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I liked season 3 and the series overall. In fact, I watched through it again to prepare for Season 3, though I skipped through much of the parts with Vanya/Victor because those parts were my least favorite and dragged on. Character-wise, I like Klaus the most, and especially the "reluctant cult leader" schtick, which was spot-on and entertaining as hell.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post