SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Kinda like a weird combination of Watchmen and Kick Ass. And is it just me or does Ellen Page not look a day older than 16 even now?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm, she looks rode hard my friend. You need a better definition TV. Lol

Plus, her character is unbearable to watch. Klaus, while jacked up, is more entertaining on screen.

Almost done with it, still not sure I really like it.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Only 1080p but I think she looks like a sullen, depressed kid. LOL But given what her character has had for a life.....seems legit. LOL

It is kinda weird, but I also liked The OA, which this reminds me of for some reason.

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I saw a trailer for this show in the theater. Looks interesting. My Netflix dalliances have been Glitch. In production for a third season. If you start this one you have to start at the beginning. And, Traveler. Only two episodes in on the second. We'll see how it shakes out.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paige will always be Juno MacGuff.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
It just dawned on me that Hazel is Ed Kemper (serial killer on Mindhunter). LOL

Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
It was a good first season. Kinda dark.
Ellen Page's character is quite moody.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was different. I enjoyed a different take on superheroes than I am used to.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Man I don't like Ellen Page in real life...at all.

Good show though, I'll watch season 2.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she sounds like a horrid person IRL.

In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I like it. An interesting, different take on the super-powered persons genre.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I saw a trailer for this show in the theater. Looks interesting. My Netflix dalliances have been Glitch. In production for a third season. If you start this one you have to start at the beginning. And, Traveler. Only two episodes in on the second. We'll see how it shakes out.

Glad to hear Glitch is coming back for a 3rd season. So many questions after season 2.

Umbrella Academy is in the list just not had a chance to start watching.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
We watched it - I liked it mostly. The Ellen Page character was downright annoying - but that is likely the point. Lots of depth to build on for season 2

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I just watched the entire first season this weekend. I'm mixed on it, but I think I've liked it overall.

When's the second season start?

- - -

Regarding Ellen Page:
* Based on appearance, she reminds me of an ex. In a good way. Wink
* Based on Wikipedia, I can see why you guys mention not liking her IRL.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im mixed as well. It started on a low with me watching it over my computer but it exited on a high. I like the characters which I cant say about Watchmen which was just an orgy of grittiness to me. This started off with everyone being a bunch of mopes but it fleshed them out and I liked them about midway through and it came together. I'd like them to not have the kickass style "ironic" music for fights and such but overall thats a stylistic difference.

If theres a season 2 I'd be interested.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
On Season 2, episode 7 now.....definitely trippy. Loving the visuals and soundtrack. The dialog is often hilarious. Pretty decent story to boot.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed both seasons, and the set up for the third one looks good.
When you guys mention Glitch do you mean the "back from the dead" type show set in Australia?
If so, the third and final season was out some time ago.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Season 1. Haven't seen any of the new one yet.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 2. Looking forward to season 3.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think season 2 was way more enjoyable. Enjoyed it a lot.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post