SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone watching The Umbrella Academy on Netflix? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I agree, Season 2 was better. I'm eager to learn more about the Commission. Apparently it's not just humans (though I suppose those could be masks, like Hazel and Cha Cha had in Season 1).

Season 3 should be fun.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I need to start season two on my days off this week. I liked one a lot. I’m glad to see the season two trailer doesn’t look like a slightly rehashed one but adds a lot of new elements. My biggest fear was that they could just rehash season one again and again ad infinitum.

By the time I finish this, The Boys season two should be out also. It’s a good time for different takes on the super hero genre.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
It's basically a continuation of the story from Season 1. I think the 'vibe' kinda changed. There is a lot more humor, the family slowly starts to come together, setting up the conflict for Season 3.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I binge watched season one a couple weeks ago while on vasectomy timeout. I really liked it. I just noticed season 2 is out and will watch it as soon as I'm done with Dark.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Finally getting around to this. We are 4 episodes in and it is weird.
Not bad but not really good yet either.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife is into this one...we also binge on DARK.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I kind of enjoyed season 1, very weird show but starts to come together. But i was a little burned out on it when I hit season 2.

I see comments that season 2 is better so maybe I'll jump back in

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Not sure who uses more drugs Klaus or the writers of the series.

————————————————

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
After seeing what Klaus had to put up with in season 2, it really has me rethinking my plan to start my own cult.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Season 2 absolutely sucks. Struggling to keep going.

————————————————

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I made it through three episodes and gave up.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So the first half of season 2 completely sucked. The 2nd half was much better but I still preferred the 1st season.
Hard to imagine the amount of drugs the writers consumed to conger up this series.

————————————————

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Hard to imagine the amount of drugs the writers consumed to conger up this series.

It's based on a comic book written by Gerard Way, the lead singer of the band My Chemical Romance.

Hopefully that lends some perspective. Big Grin

(He's the one in the middle.)

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Pretty familiar with their music did not realize the origins of the show though.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
Good grief.

No longer Ellen Page. It's now Elliot Page. Roll Eyes

At least we know there is going to be a season 3.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...off-coming-out-trans

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by highroundcount:
Good grief.

No longer Ellen Page. It's now Elliot Page. Roll Eyes

At least we know there is going to be a season 3.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...off-coming-out-trans
I wonder if she is going to "check herself" now that she identifies as a despicable white man.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ianfiniti
posted Hide Post
Not just a white man, but a straight, wealthy white man. Basically the worst kind. I'm pretty sure that according to leftist dogma she must now give all her money to poor blacks as reparations and then kill herself. Anything less is just lip service.

I'm not gonna hold my breath.

O, here will I set up my everlasting rest and shake the yoke of inauspicious stars from this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace and lips, of you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss. Here's to my love.

Posts: 83 | Registered: August 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm likely in the minority, but I preferred Season 2 to Season 1. I like both, not hugely, but worth watching.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have liked both seasons.

I have a question about Ellen Page, however.

As far as I am concerned you do you, I don’t really care what your particular brand of crazy is as long as it doesn’t hurt anybody else as I am sure I have mine. That said has she gone through surgery to become “male” so to speak or did she just decide on day I’m a guy. Like I might decide one day I’m a Dalmatian and I piss on your leg? I mean I honestly don’t care beyond the medical facts that there are only two genders but is this a “real” thing or just a lesbian wanting to be the “more manly” side? Again I don’t REALLY give a shit. You do you, just curious really and if you are not going to surgically alter yourself are you really transgender? I mean love him/her or not Bruce Jenner at least went all in with his/her chips so to speak.

At any rate I really want to go back to a world where when somebody said tranny your first thought was 4,5 or 6 speed.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question is, will she still be welcome in the gay community? If one were to buy into her logic and reasoning, she identifies as a dude but still wants to get freaky with the ladies, that would technically make her a heterosexual.

It's all so very confusing.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post