Find
Notify
Tools

Black Mirror Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Season 4 is ready for binge watching. Six in all.

I can't say I was crazy about episode one, but it was watchable. The other three I've watched so far are up to par.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Watched the season over the past few days. I really enjoyed number one, and the rest were all pretty decent as well. Metalhead was just “meh” for me, but still well done.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 568 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished the season. I enjoyed it. I think the last episode was pretty good with multiple stories in it and some easter eggs of other episodes.

The dog in Metalhead made me think of the hunter dog from Fahrenheit 451 so I liked it. I'm kind of glad they didn't go into a big back story of why things were the way they were. You just have to accept that it is what it is and mull it over on your own.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Co-worker keeps telling me I need to check this one out.
Maybe, once we finish S2 of The Crown, I'll give it a look.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
Just finished the season. I enjoyed it. I think the last episode was pretty good with multiple stories in it and some easter eggs of other episodes.

The dog in Metalhead made me think of the hunter dog from Fahrenheit 451 so I liked it. I'm kind of glad they didn't go into a big back story of why things were the way they were. You just have to accept that it is what it is and mull it over on your own.

I agree. I like the style they use where they just start the story and you figure out the situation is as it goes along. Some better than others but none are really duds.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Skip the very first episode (of season 1. not this season). Don't bother with it. Trust me.

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Skip the very first episode (of season 1. not this season). Don't bother with it. Trust me.

No, by all means - go ahead and watch the very first episode of season 1. I'll break protocol and go straight to the triple dog dare. You need to know what you are getting into.

My wife and I just watched it two nights ago - wanted to stop watching it but both the wife and I just had to know how it ended. Good grief, we would have been better off not watching it.

We then doubled down and decided to see if episode 2 would be any better - we cut bait within 10 minutes.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Mirror is very hit or miss and everything in between. I knew what season 1, episode 1 as I had been told to steer clear.

Some episodes are just wonderfully thought provoking. Others just disturbing with no real point, other disturbing with a very real point.

Virtually all are dark and all are "heavy" to really heavy. In short, you watch when you are feeling up to paying attention through the end.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Black Mirror is very hit or miss and everything in between. I knew what season 1, episode 1 as I had been told to steer clear.

Some episodes are just wonderfully thought provoking. Others just disturbing with no real point, other disturbing with a very real point.

Virtually all are dark and all are "heavy" to really heavy. In short, you watch when you are feeling up to paying attention through the end.

Which I really enjoyed, and I did watch Season 1, episode 1.

I thought the point they were going for was well-made, and not inaccurate. I don't want to post spoilers here unless we all decide it's the right thread for it, but I'll leave it with this: The antagonist had an agenda and a point to make, and they made it. What was more horrifying (and accurate) is that the vast majority of people (in the show) would never even realize the point that had been made...

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I finished watching all four seasons last night. As you might expect some episodes are excellent and some suck; most are in between.

I particular, I'd like to recommend Season 3, Episode 6, "Hated in the Nation" - the one with the robot bees. I was very well done.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:
Originally posted by tiwimon: No, by all means - go ahead and watch the very first episode of season 1. I'll break protocol and go straight to the triple dog dare. You need to know what you are getting into.

Oh yeah, Season 1 Episode 1 was seriously a WTF moment for me. Very disturbing. Episode 2 was super boring to me and I lost interest. Getting the feeling I should forego the rest of Season 1 at this point and just move on to Season 2 and give it another chance.

The third episode in season 1 was pretty well done. I would watch it.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very disturbing show Eek

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8755 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Just saw S1E1. Completely unexpected story.

Not sure what to think yet. I do wish that reporter was shot somewhere more permanently damaging. And wondering about the wife - she’d rather the princess die?

I’ll skip E2 and watch E3.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I watched S1E3. Oh hell no to the grain. No way, no how.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m still thinking about E1. I’m too distracted by the story and I feel I sort of get the point not really. What point was the guy trying to make? Something about social media and something. What I don’t get is that I assume any decent man would do the demand if it would save a girl, doesn’t even have to be a princess. Disgusting and vile but worth a life. So the social media stuff seems incidental. If so, I think I’m missing the point.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Skipping around a bit based on synopsis.

Hated in Nation was indeed a black mirror. San Junipero was nicely done.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The wife and I started Black Mirror this week! It's off just enough to be great!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Watched that first episode and that was it. Seriously what kind of moron gets talked into doing that? Too stupid for me to continue.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Watched that first episode and that was it. Seriously what kind of moron gets talked into doing that? Too stupid for me to continue.

Well, you're missing out, and also missing the premise of the show I think.

That's the good thing about Black Mirror: Every episode is a different story. It's an anthology series like Twilight Zone, with each episode featuring a different story, with different characters, and a different style.

So even if you think one specific episode with one specific plot/characters/style is "too stupid", that doesn't mean you'll think the same about the next episode with a totally different plot/characters/style.

You can watch any episode in any order, and the only thing you'll miss out on are subtle little Easter Egg references to earlier episodes in the background.

Seriously... try another episode. Especially one from the later seasons, as the budget got bigger and the episodes got better.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post