SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Upcoming movie about the 1980 siege of the Iranian Embassy in London
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming movie about the 1980 siege of the Iranian Embassy in London Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Anyone here remember Who Dares Wins, aka The Final Option in the US?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_LhrKVZmveU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Oh yes. A friend got me a copy of this movie on DVD last year. Great film.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I'm in. I remember seeing The Final Option at a neighbors house on hbo when I was a teenager. I had never seen anything like the SAS before. At the time I remember thinking we must be way behind the Brits.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
6 Days is on iTunes for like $13 to buy or $7 to rent. Just bought it!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
So, anyone actually seen this one?

As far as I can remember, the first episode of the brit series Ultimate Force (very much the inspiration of The Unit) was pretty much the Iranian Embassy crisis.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
So, anyone actually seen this one?

As far as I can remember, the first episode of the brit series Ultimate Force (very much the inspiration of The Unit) was pretty much the Iranian Embassy crisis.
0-0

I bought the DVD, not bad at all.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
Anyone here remember Who Dares Wins, aka The Final Option in the US?

That's the movie there. The hour and a half leading up to that are kind of dry. Smile

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
I expected much more from this movie Frown The french one about the plane hijack was far better IMO.
At the end, an officer collects the weapons for analysis and read somewhere that all of the team members had fired on one Tango (70+ rounds) so no one could be charged with murder if the Powers that Be needed a fall guy to give to the public opinion. None of that fun facts in the movie.
Also believe some feedback and flash bangs were provided by the Germans, but I might be mixing up war stories.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post