SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Dead South (bluegrass ensemble)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dead South (bluegrass ensemble) Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
The Dead South is a Canadian folk-bluegrass musical ensemble based in Regina, Saskatchewan. The band was initially formed in 2012 as a quartet by Canadians Nate Hilts (vocals, guitar, mandolin), Scott Pringle (guitar, mandolin, vocals), Danny Kenyon (cello, vocals) and Colton Crawford (banjo). Crawford left the band in 2015 and was replaced by studio musician Eliza Mary Doyle for several years. Colton re-joined the band starting with the Voices In Your Head tour in mid-2018[1]. On occasion Danny is unable to tour and is replaced on cello and vocals by Erik "Del Suelo" Mehlsen.

Heard the first song and was hooked.

Check out their Yurtube channel.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9FzVhw8_bYb

DD

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
They are a great band. I am more of a Trampled by Turtles fan.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Like the Dead South. Also saw this guy, Willie Watson "Gallows Pole":

Also this cover of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by Willie and My Bubba:

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I’m going to have to look up this Willie Watson. Not what I think of With bluegrass, more folk but I dig it. Anyone that covers Led Zep and Ac/DC that well gets a second look from me.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post