SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nick Searcy of Justified to host Rush Limbaugh Wed Dec 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nick Searcy of Justified to host Rush Limbaugh Wed Dec 27 Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Chief Deputy Art Mullen rides again! Searcy says he's never done anything like this before but judging from the brief segment today, where he dropped in on another guest host, he ought to be a HOOT tomorrow! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16184 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I heard that today and was actually going to post this.

Can’t wait!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
He oughtta be really good, he's a well spoken guy and has some sense. If his guest appearance today did anything, it was to make me want to be sure nobody changes my local talk radio dial tomorrow morning.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
And FWIW for Para and like minded film fans, when Searcy was asked what his favorite film is, he responded with Wise Blood directed by John Huston.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16184 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I heard today's guest host say it would be Mary Steyn Thurs & Fri.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
And FWIW for Para and like minded film fans, when Searcy was asked what his favorite film is, he responded with Wise Blood directed by John Huston.

I saw "Wise Blood" some years back. Certainly not my favorite film but quirky and very much watchable. Set in Searcy's neck of the woods, I can see it may have extra appeal for him.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
That should be terrific - thanks for pointing it out. I heard him as a call-in guest a year or two ago.

Also, check out his YouTube “Acting School” series. It’s hilarious. Paraphrasing from one of his comments in episode 1 ‘some actors may find themselves working upwards of 30-40 days a year. To keep up with that grueling schedule you need down time to be at your best.’

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I may have to tune in. We drove through KY last Summer, ended up binge watching ‘Justified’.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
“I am the biggest Hollywood Star to host this show” Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Holy shit! I'm laughing my ass off at his opening monologue. No question... a HOOT! hahahahahaha

USN (RET), COTEP #192

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I only caught about 10-15 minutes of him today, but I liked it. I'd listen to him again.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was out and about yesterday and turned Rush on, knowing it would be a fill-in as usual for this time of year and they usually aren't great. This guy was good.

The voice sounded SO familiar but I could not place it, that's funny who that turned out to be.

I had heard he was a big conservative but didn't realize that was who it was!

Posts: 33767 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Rush's website is pay to listen, so if you want to hear him search it on Youtube.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XWSvX_izos

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XWSvX_izos

Odd, after the second hour, about 1:13 in, another guest host shows up for the last segment.

Still, thanks for the two hours, lkdr1989.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Searcy made some interesting comments about Tom Hanks saying that he's not the big liberal that the msm makes him out to be.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

Odd, after the second hour, about 1:13 in, another guest host shows up for the last segment.

I believe that's an effort to get you to join the pay site. It threw me as well, I thought I'd accidentally clicked on another page.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post