SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Just watched the finale of Supernatural
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just watched the finale of Supernatural Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Late in doing so, but I had to wait for it to air on Netflix and for me to notice it was available. I mention it here because it hit me right square in the feels.

Son of a bitch.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Just getting ready to watch. Just finished the episode before the finale and it was more solid then I expected and it had some feels as well.

I have dug this show from day one and even the slower episodes were entertaining to me.

I do think it sort of overstayed its welcome so to speak but I personally will be sad to see it go.

Now I would be totally on board for a Sheriff Jody and Sheriff Donna and the kids spin-off. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Also ScoobyNatural might be my favorite episode of TV ever. Smile.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Well “Balls”. There were some feels in that episode. Made me think of lost friends.

I wish they would have had a few more folks show up but all in all a decent send off.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Agreed on lost friends and that it was a well done finale. For me it had to be watched, but I was a mess shortly after it ended.

Didn't start watching the show until it was re-runs, but that was only a few seasons in and I got invested mighty quick. It just had an overall chemistry to it that worked for me.

Now when I watch other shows and something clearly needs to be solved with violence I think "Call the Winchesters!" or "Go all Dean Winchester mark of Cain on their ass!".

Scoobynatural was hilarious Big Grin. Also liked the wishing well and TV land episodes a lot. Really too many to list, guess it was definitely a guilty pleasure.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished this. I had been putting it off as well knowing it was the last season. Partly because I knew I would be sad, partly because I was worried they would end it on a crappy note.

I started watching the show when its 3rd or 4th season was coming out. I felt (and still feel) the original ending at the end of the 5th season was a great ending and would have been perfectly satisfied if it ended there. And while I kept watching, those next few seasons were a little hard to get through. But these last few seasons have been pretty good and I feel like it ended on a high note.

Spoiler comment below

The only nit pick I have with the last episode, is that it showed Sam living the rest of his life and dying an old man. My personal preference would have been to not show that and just have it end with him “carrying on” similar to the way Dean was doing at the end of Season 5 for the original ending. I feel like when they reunited in heaven after just a few minutes, that kind of lessened the emotional impact of Dean dying.

I’m sure I’ll continue watching this show for a long long time. I hope Jared and Jensen have continued success in their careers. But they probably won’t be able to top this.

But those flashbacks at the end of the next-to-last episode just reminded me of all the eye candy during this show’s run Big Grin

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post