SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    20th Century Fox looks like it's going to redeem itself with Dark Phoenix:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20th Century Fox looks like it's going to redeem itself with Dark Phoenix: Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
The fourth movie in the First Class X-Men series looks like it's going to make up in spades what the third movie did to trash the previous two. Definitely looking forward to this one!

https://youtu.be/QWbMckU3AOQ

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I still haven’t watched Apocalypse but I’ll get around to it. Dark Phoenix definitely looks promising.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I still haven’t watched Apocalypse but I’ll get around to it. Dark Phoenix definitely looks promising.

Apocalypse sucked. I think it's the worst of the Xmen franchise. Hopefully this new one can turn it around, I have enjoyed most of the others.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm not crazy about the casting of Sansa Stark in that role. She's OK in GoT but I think that's the writing more than her acting. I dunno. I'll watch it in any case.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eh, I gave up on X-Men movies a few back.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Like, before First Class and Days of Future Past? Those were much better than the three before them. All that effort practically went to waste by the shitstorm that was Apocalypse, though.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Quoted for truth.....

quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Like, before First Class and Days of Future Past? Those were much better than the three before them. All that effort practically went to waste by the shitstorm that was Apocalypse, though.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
Looks like it’ll be a good one, and like others have mentioned would be hard to be worse than the last.

SPOILER ALERT****

From the trailer it appears that at least one of the X-Men will die. I believe it will be Mystique. In the trailer you can see just a brief glimpse of Beast holding what appears to be a lifeless Mystique. Also Magneto is shown crying. She is one of the few that I can think of that he would cry over.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post