SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Love And Monsters. Well that was refreshing.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love And Monsters. Well that was refreshing. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Love and Monsters is a recent movie that is basically about a young guy traveling a monster ridden post apocalyptic wasteland for a girl.

Now it’s not high art at all. It is however a fun, light, adventure flick with a bit of an 80s teen adventure feel (Last Starfighter for example).

There is no grimdark.
There is no sociopolitical commentary or message
There is no in your face message about how you are somehow a horrible person
You won’t feel preached to.
I’ll be honest I had forgotten there were movies like that.

Again. It’s not art. It’s super light weight, the effects are mediocre but it had heart and made me think of the way things used to be, so it gets a thumbs up.

Good family watch if you are inclined, I will likely rewatch with my daughter.

Take care, shoot safe,
Chris.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It was definitely better than I thought it'd be. Surprisingly engaging, kind of Zombieland meets Tremors and The Mist, with even a bit of Kick-ass and The Walking Dead thrown in. Snappy dialogue and realish characters. The flick had inklings of heart and soul, usually missing from formula monster movies.

Even the dog put in a good performance!

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah. It was a nice couple of hours.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Agreed. We rented it to watch with our daughter.
We all really enjoyed it. Much better than I was expecting.

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Fun, positive movie. Whole family enjoyed it.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post