SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NYPD Blue: A final tribute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYPD Blue: A final tribute Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I remember watching this show on and off but not religiously due to work travel and family activities to know all the plot lines and stories. The H&I channel now shows the reruns and I've caught a number of them to include the finale which I'd never seen before.

Doing a bit of sanity checking about Andy Sipowicz' character evolution over the 12 years of the series, I found this broadcast tribute. Again it was one I'd never seen before today.

Thought it fitting to be shared here. Enjoy! Big Grin

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/YWHtrVBI1dw

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16191 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Show was accurate. Had the feel & vibe. Bravo Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
best youtube link of 2019, on this forum
thanks for taking the time to post it .

love that show

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
best youtube link of 2019, on this forum
thanks for taking the time to post it .

love that show

You're quite welcome! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16191 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Funny to see this posted... just watched the finale episode I DVRed today! Always wanted a reunion or rebooted of the show. And remember watching the tribute show back when it originally aired, Jimmy Smits left the show Too soon !!

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpdIF7iIf0s

a viet nam story /experiance

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Hell, my ringtone on my work cell is the NYPD Blue theme song, LOL!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The show was very accurate...felt like I was back in the Precinct house in Jersey again.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sipowicz was one of the most masterfully developed and explored characters to ever appear on television. They really nailed it.

And there were so many police culture things that they just got perfect. And in such little and important ways.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know who had what kind of magic syrup that made the show so great ,
but when you think about it,
over a 12 year period,
Andy had four different bosses, three of which added a lot to the show,
he had three wives , two which added a lot,
three partners , all were very very good additions,

and a half dozen other semi regulars that did a better than average job.

thats a lot of actors/ characters to wrangle

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I never watched the show, but there was an episode when Sipowitz's wife died and he had to assume a different roll. My daughters were young girls and were on the show "Chaperoning" his son on a sliding board, filmed in the Lower East Side of Manhattan (late 90's) They were little card carrying SAG members.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post