SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Metallica!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metallica! Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I finally got to see my favorite band. They've come through a few times when I was younger but never had the means to go. I took my wife and they were amazing. Better live by far. My life was like, they are grandpas, lol. They had a great set but it was a little shorter than I was hoping as we waited almost 2 hours before they started playing. Jim Brewer was there to warm up the crowd. I can't wait to see them again.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed them. I think this last go around put me over the 'ten' mark for times I've seen them live. (beginning in the early 90's).

This was not my favorite concert, but I went because I really like the new album and knew they would be playing a number of songs from it.

I did not like Brewer, it came across cheesy and I missed having an opening band to kick things off.

You are right in your 'grandpa' comment. Especially James, he came across more as Mr. Rogers than a metal-head.

At the end of the day I am glad that they are still together making music and touring. I think I've seen my last show, but I say that everytime and then still go again.

It's just strange seeing the one-time metal gods better known as Alcoholica, pointing out and waving to the kids now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet.

I'm seeing them play an acoustic show next month. Should be interesting.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Did they play "So What"? Big Grin

I have seen them four or five times.

What I would really like to see is an S&M concert. That could be awesome!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post