SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    three hummer feeders went out today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

three hummer feeders went out today Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone north of St.Louis seen and hummingbirds yet?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone ? yet ?
north of St. Louis?

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I have three feeders out all the time. They still only use the (same) one. We have them year-round here.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My friend in SW Michigan posted on FB about seeing one earlier this week.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no hummers yet , but an oriole showed up on saturday , last

The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
We have had hummingbirds for 3 weeks now at least. We have about 10 around at the moment. We are in Northern New Mexico so technically slightly south of St. Louis.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Saw my first two of the year today.

phil

Posts: 2384 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Sig
didn't you folks just get through with a bunch of winter weather ?

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I've started seeing them here in Maine in the last two days.

Just one or two here and there so far, but there'll be a flock of 'me when it warms up a bit more. I've seen as many as a dozen fighting over the feeders.

Also have three male orioles and at least one female. (I know there are three as I saw them all at once.) I can't remember the last time we saw an oriole around here.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nothing here yet. Just had 6 different species fighting over the regular feeder, though.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I'm only about 90 miles south of you. Put a feeder out yesterday morning. By 5pm a ruby throat was buzzing around.

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yesterday after noon, one showed up, she saw it , I didn't,
Finally !

I may have to consider one of those game camera thingy's for my feeder

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Get the camera.

You'll be glad you did and they are great for filming lots of wildlife you may not even know has wandered into your yard. They even have night vision. Not bad for $60+or-!

Posts: 4027 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
still no humming birds ,

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

They are definitely here. I generally hear them rather than see them first. They thrive on our desert willow tree, which is a natural feeder, but I hear their buzzing wings more often than I see them.

This picture was taken last year, and the tree has grown. It sheds flowers and regrows them every day. The flowers hang upside down and are a favorite of the hummers.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Nothing in VA yet. Odd.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
saw one one the north side feeder this morning,

must of come by way of Albuquerque

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Finally seeing them here in NW Houston, little green bullet athletes !!

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Saw one hovering outside my back door yesterday. I don't have any feeders out.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
Nothing in VA yet. Odd.

I'm in New Kent and my wife has been feeding them for several months. In fact, traffic has been down the last couple of days and she thinks they're packing to head South .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post