SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    three hummer feeders went out today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

three hummer feeders went out today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2 in front of the apt. and two in the back of the apt . now

three feeders out

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ours will be going out in the next 4-5 days,

bonnie has a sister in Yucaipa , Ca,
she counts 30 hummers, at her two feeders daily

she has to fill them every morning

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw our first one last week. We usually see them in late March. This weather this year has everything confused.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twenty miles west of st.louis, no hummers yet . Been a cold spring, looking for them to show any day

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We've seen them in Houston. They were a little later than usual, but our winter was cold, and spring has been cool.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
woo hoo !
one showed up around noon today ,
it hit 80 degrees here today

he must have rode the thermal in Big Grin

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Saw one Sunday... up close!
He buzzed right by my head when I opened the front door just like he knew where he was going. He was easier to catch than I expected. I grabbed a Walmart bag off the counter while he was thrashing in the bay window and gently pinned him. He didn't seem freaked out to be captured and none the worse for wear so I put him out the same way he came in, and he cruised off around the corner of the house.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I saw the first one here today...I'm going to put the feeder out tomorrow...

I just wish the robins in my yard would get a room Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Looked at the migration map, one reported sighting down-state so I'd guess a week or 10 days before they show up here looking for a handout.

SWMBO bought new feeders for them this year. I didn't feel there was anything wrong with the old ones, but it was one of those situations where just saying "Yes, Dear" was the wisest course of action.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We have one feeder out and it's getting a little attention. Usually we have two up and they're emptied in a day or two. There is a new homeowner a block away and he has at least 10 feeders up, most likely monopolizing the birds.

We, also, have an Oriole feeder away from the house and that gets both HBs and Orioles. This the third year a pair of Bullocks Orioles is nesting in one of our palms.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
We saw our first hummer on Sat Apr 28th. I put out three feeders in March and nothing till now. But it has been unusually cool here in Houston in April.

We saw two different hummers on the 28th.

Happy to see them

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
We just put out our hummer feeders.

Primarily, we get 'ruby throats'.

Plus, we put out black oil sunflower seeds and have recently attracted a Rose Breasted Grosbeak... a remarkably beautiful bird.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
NW Ohio yesterday May 2

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
saw a rose breasted grosbeak today , as well

Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I've got three hummers, maybe four...they are hitting the feeder...but they are also wearing the spiders out that are in my hollies (yes, hummingbirds eat bugs too) Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
now an oriole !
woo hoo !

tri fecta !
Eek

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
No sightings here yet, feeders have been up for about a week.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Saw my first one this morning. Big Grin

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I just saw my first Baltimore oriole and first rose breasted gross beak at the same time. Also had a hummingbird at the feeder as well haha! A great 30 seconds that was. Big Grin

Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My dogs go out at around 6:30 AM and lately there have been turkeys in the area. I found that if I clap my hands it gets them going. This morning they were exceptionally raucous but my dogs pay no attention.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post