SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TENET - New Christopher Nolan movie trailer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TENET - New Christopher Nolan movie trailer Login/Join 
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted
This looks pretty interesting!

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Looks very good. I'm also interested in seeing John David Washington in something outside of Ballers.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
yet another mind heist . . .

Me: "another trailer that tells the whole story"
Nolan: "Ha! you have not idea."

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Nolan is one of the best directors we have so I’m in.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I got this trailer tonight before the new Star Wars movie

Definitely intrigued. It’s on my must see list

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Going later this afternoon...

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched it....I'm gonna need to watch it again but, first I need to pop a couple of Tylenols.

I'm not sure if this was another fantastic movie or, Nolan has outdone himself and wrote an overly convoluted story. Definitely a multiple watchings type of movie - it definitely has many hallmarks and time-twists that you saw in Inception, the dialogue I think tries to be sophisticated but, ends up too forward. Yup, a minimum two viewing kind of movie.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Saw this in theaters back in the summer. I loved it. It is not cerebral like Inception and, imo, does not have any of the existential questions or conflicts. It is an action movie/ thriller and a very good one.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Just watched it....I'm gonna need to watch it again but, first I need to pop a couple of Tylenols.

I'm not sure if this was another fantastic movie or, Nolan has outdone himself and wrote an overly convoluted story. Definitely a multiple watchings type of movie - it definitely has many hallmarks and time-twists that you saw in Inception, the dialogue I think tries to be sophisticated but, ends up too forward. Yup, a minimum two viewing kind of movie.

Did Nolan produce Wonder Woman 1984 too? Saw if streaming on HBO Max last night and thought it was about two hours too long (it's a 2.5 hour movie). So convoluted that I don't think ANYONE is capable of following or even describing a plot. Sorry for the hijack. Just saying! Roll Eyes

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

Did Nolan produce Wonder Woman 1984 too? Saw if streaming on HBO Max last night and thought it was about two hours too long (it's a 2.5 hour movie). So convoluted that I don't think ANYONE is capable of following or even describing a plot. Sorry for the hijack. Just saying! Roll Eyes

WW84 was garbage.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

WW84 was garbage.

WW84 was indeed a pile of shit. If I heard "wish" one more time. Story/Plot was dumb, bad casting (especially Kristen), CGI was meh. Terrible POS film.

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the not-so-subtle anti-gun agenda.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
quote:

WW84 was garbage.

WW84 was indeed a pile of shit. If I heard "wish" one more time. Story/Plot was dumb, bad casting (especially Kristen), CGI was meh. Terrible POS film.

Honestly, the first WW wasn’t anything special but it was okay. However, the gratuitous shots of Gal Gadot’s backside made the movie. Did they do the same in WW1984?

As far as Tenet goes, I watched about half of it and the plot and dialog is so ridiculous and hard to follow, I didn’t finish it. I will definitely finish it but the whole concept of inverted bullets was so stupid I lost interest. This is a big time disappointment for me because I usually love all of Nolan’s movies. But his older films are so much better — Memento, The Prestige, Batman trilogy, etc.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Finally watched Tenet. I liked it. Nolan is a truly cinema master. This is like Memento where I need a 2nd or 3rd viewing to nail it down. Amazing cinema. Entropy, inversion, are things I need to read up on to better understand the film as a whole. I can definitely understand people saying it was preposterous. By the end of it I was wore out trying to decipher but subsequent viewings will nail it down. Mind blowing in 4k and surround sound. Had really solid LFE. PQ was amazing. And an incredible soundtrack. Typical Nolan I had to watch a good portion of it with subtitles on because the soundtrack takes precedence. I can’t wait to watch it again.

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
But...but...they killed the orchestra conductor in the first 45 seconds of the film!!

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Necrobump for those with HBOMax! If you're starved for a good movie, Tenet is now available for streaming.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Necrobump for those with HBOMax! If you're starved for a good movie, Tenet is now available for streaming.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I caught maybe 5 minutes of it a few nights ago,

looks interesting,

I'll likely watch it in the near future

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah, I used to think that way till he made this movie. It was terrible and the whole time travelling manipulating thing was horrible.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billythekids:
quote:
Nah, I used to think that way till he made this movie. It was terrible and the whole time travelling manipulating thing was horrible.

Agree to disagree. I thought it was excellent. It was shot excellently and the soundtrack was rattling my house. Very welcomed and the only good movie I have seen in the past year. Nolan remains one of the best directors for me on the planet.