SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    i miss guys like roy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i miss guys like roy Login/Join 
Picture of side_shot
posted

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Ta4535Y8xYE

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
So would I, if he was dead. Wink

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the guy with him is Ken Curtis, who not only played in a lot of Westerns, including The Searchers, but also sang with The Tommy Dorsey Band, replacing Frank Sinatra. Then to Sons Of The Pioneers. Quite a voice, if I remember.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuisis:
So would I, if he was dead. Wink

i didn't say he was dead i just miss his music

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I believe the guy with him is Ken Curtis, who not only played in a lot of Westerns, including The Searchers, but also sang with The Tommy Dorsey Band, replacing Frank Sinatra. Then to Sons Of The Pioneers. Quite a voice, if I remember.

The guy with him is Jimmy Dean. Ken Curtis played Festus Hagen on Gunsmoke.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
If it has strings, Roy can tear it up.

He is one of the greats.

Fun video.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was about Roy

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I believe the guy with him is Ken Curtis...

The guy with him is Jimmy Dean. Ken Curtis played Festus Hagen on Gunsmoke.

Hard to tell in the video clip, especially since I'm not as familiar with Dean as I am with Curtis. Comparing pictures on Google, I still can't tell, but considering the setting I'll say you're most likely correct. In my defense, Curtis didn't look much like Festus in any of his other roles. Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That sure looks like Jimmy Dean to me. Pre-sausage.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I thought this was about Roy

Well, that was actually the first thing that came to my mind.

Hmmm, should I be worried? Smile

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
never worry about stuff you can't control.
That Cora was a piece of work

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
That sure looks like Jimmy Dean to me. Pre-sausage.

Yep appears to be a episode from the Jimmy Dean show. Roy was a talented showman that has a gift that is unequaled. Glen Campbell was close in talent but still not the showman Roy Clark is.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Jimmy Dean.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met Roy last year in a small Nashville bar that caters to musicians. I've played guitar over 45 years, and while I'm far from a C&W fan, I was always amazed at Roy's technical skills on anything with strings. Hell, bet he could play a canoe paddle.

We had a couple drinks, and a nice chat, and he moved on to his dinner plans. Quality American right there.

Stay safe, Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post