SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battlebots is back !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlebots is back ! Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Ray likes to have a good time. But Tombstone needs some updating. This isn't the first time his weapon his failed. He kills himself a lot. Its a bummer, Id like to see him win another giant nut before he leaves the sport but he needs to innovate a little. He's one of the originals and a good ambassador for the sport. He just wants destruction and a fun good match.

The other bots are far more durable now, designed to withstand punishment. Lots of advancements in armor and components.

Uppercut going down to Ribbot, didn't see that coming at all. He got wrecked and still won.

Shatter vs Mammoth I was thinking how the hell does a hammer bot even fight that thing?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Shatter vs Mammoth I was thinking how the hell does a hammer bot even fight that thing?

One of two maybe-controversial split decisions. Mammoth may have won, a wheel falls off as time runs out. However one calls that fight, looking at the two bots, which one looked like the loser? Mammoth. Talk about making a late impression on the judges. Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yeah a couple of the split decisions were hard ones this time, there were arguments for both sides

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The finals are hot stuff!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
The finals are hot stuff!

That's for sure! No spoilers, but sure did enjoy the finals!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Finals were great, My wife is pissed as she fell asleep right as the last fight started

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Crazy finals.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was hoping for Whiplash, always liked his design. He was gutted. Even if he didn't get shoved out of the box, he was done, parts were ripped out and hanging.

posted Hide Post
Another show this week called Battlebots:Bounty Hunter. Basically 8 bots fight it out for the right to fight a well known bot, in this case Bronco. Was wondering where Bronco was this season. Guess all the fights happen in one night, so there is little time for repairs between fights.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Another show this week called Battlebots:Bounty Hunter. Basically 8 bots fight it out for the right to fight a well known bot, in this case Bronco. Was wondering where Bronco was this season. Guess all the fights happen in one night, so there is little time for repairs between fights.

I think this show is only on the streaming service?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

I think this show is only on the streaming service?

I thought so too, but I recorded it on Discovery Channel on Thursday at 8pm, same as the regular season. Another is scheduled to record next Thursday at 8pm. I have a season pass set up on my TiVo and it automatically records new episodes.

Maybe it premiered first on streaming before later going to regular TV.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Sweet, I'll have to check that out

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another is scheduled to record next Thursday at 8pm.

A reminder, the exhibition bouts will be reaired tomorrow in the usual time slot on Discovery.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The Bounty Hunters has been pretty interesting so far.

Tombstone settled that dispute. Ray Billings always seems to enjoy himself, even when he loses

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Yes, very happy here with the Bounty Hunter exhibition season. Smile

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup!

Whoever wind the Bounty Hunter this time will get the crap Beta out of them!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Yup!

Whoever wind the Bounty Hunter this time will get the crap Beta out of them!

Or not... Beta got the beating. I was hoping LockJaw would win. Donald Hudson has been around forever, he could be a legend bot himself

posted Hide Post
To be fair, it looked like Beta’s hammer wasn’t working right from the start, leaving it without a primary weapon. Got off a couple of lame swings, but that’s it, and couldn’t use the hammer to right itself.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be fair, it looked like Beta’s hammer wasn’t working right from the start, leaving it without a primary weapon. Got off a couple of lame swings, but that’s it, and couldn’t use the hammer to right itself.

As they staged for the fight, Beata threw its hammer a couple times for show I guess. I thought at the time an unnecessary display, all that force is a two way thing. Maybe that mixed up its innards, dunno, but I'm not a believer in hammer bots so good on the outcome.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Id like to see all of the bounty legacy bots go at it for a prize

Who is next week?

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see Huge v/s Nightmare. Wink