SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battlebots is back !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlebots is back ! Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Tombstone is pretty awsome, but he needs some updating. The new designs and engineering is just moving past him, and he is as dangerous to himself as to the opponent.

Maybe he needs a giant cow catcher on the front?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Maybe he needs a giant cow catcher on the front?

Was that lame or what? That driver is a jerk, especially when he trapped Huge against the wall and then backed off an inch or two, and got into a “I’m not touching him” argument with the judge.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
..That driver is a jerk...

He seems to be cultivating a villain image.
I give him some credit for that, villains are a staple of such competitions. Wrestling, racing, the fans love to hate. It adds more reason to watch.

Yeah, the Huge fight flat sucked. He showed weakness in Huge and the rules so let's hope it leads to even better fights.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The last 'villain' that they had was Derek Young.

Using the rule book as a weapon is always a plus, unless they stop the match and make you start over.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy who drives Tombstone, Ray Billings(?), seemed to be the villain in some of the earlier seasons. But that was when he was dominating, not so much now.

Yeah, it did show a weakness in Huge, but on the flip side, the other robot had zero offensive power too, since he had to drive to keep Huge bottled up, and once there, he couldn’t do anything to Huge with his weapon. The few robot on robot hits I saw seemed to be done by Huge when the other guy couldn’t get lined up quite right in time.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see it wasn't just the owners/operators of Huge that were shown to be pissed off. This type of additional "tool" for the use of merely boxing in an opponent, clearly isn't good for the sport. While it may somehow be within the rules, it's not only unsportsmanlike, for the audience it's made the competition boring as all hell.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The promos for the discovery + streaming service have got to go. The semi- transparent one in the upper right corner of the screen which is there almost all of the time is bad enough, but periodically it drops down to the bottom center and becomes solid for a few seconds. This happened during a match and blocked the view of the action.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
The promos for the discovery + streaming service have got to go. The semi- transparent one in the upper right corner of the screen which is there almost all of the time is bad enough, but periodically it drops down to the bottom center and becomes solid for a few seconds. This happened during a match and blocked the view of the action.

Yes they are ridiculous. Way too big and annoying as hell. And the last thing I need is another streaming service

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
***not really a spoiler, still...***

Rotator v. Valkyrie -- Best. Fight. Ever. Smile Smile

I say this not even seeing the rest of tonight's card. Redefining toe to toe, the whole bout takes place in the middle of the arena. Exhilarating!!

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
B Eek Eek M !

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
***not really a spoiler, still...***

Rotator v. Valkyrie -- Best. Fight. Ever. Smile Smile

I say this not even seeing the rest of tonight's card. Redefining toe to toe, the whole bout takes place in the middle of the arena. Exhilarating!!

Hope you stayed for the main event at the end. Wink

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saving the second hour for tomorrow night.

That said, a word to Malice - gyroscope. They have a stabilizing effect that can work for you
or against you. Amazing.

And more to come Eek

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Talk about a difference in fight nights! Last week we had to endure a stupid "Rope a dope" endurance contest between Huge and an opponent that's not worth mentioning by name (IMHO). Boring to the point of wishing the organizers would change the rules to prevent these kinds of equipment choices and tactics.

This week: Some truly impressive (probably the best I've seen in three or four seasons) fights. Last nights contests showed just how good these designer/builder/players could really be. Amazing!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I missed last weeks. Do they make bouts available on demand at any time?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^ They seem to play the previous week right before the current week.

Think of next week as having a four hour show.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:

Finished watching tonight, what an entertaining card. Boom indeed. Eek

quote:
Tombstone is pretty awsome, but he needs some updating. The new designs and engineering is just moving past him, and he is as dangerous to himself as to the opponent.

I'd say Valkyrie and Rotator are Tombstone 2.0's, updates of the form factor, both in offense and defense. These two were a perfect matchup.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Smeeeeeeeeeeeee vs Huge?

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smeeeeeeeeeeeee vs Huge?

That was a spectacle, I loved it.

Rotator v. Valkyrie was Ali v. Frazier Smile

Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
You can say what you want about the "cow catcher", but the Team Whyachi guys understand the rules, and use them to the fullest to their advantage. They'll be labeled bullies or worse, much like Patriots (until someone figures out how to beat them at their own game).

That match still relied on the driver's skill to pin Huge... On missed turn and huge's weapon would've messed that bar up. Unfortunately Huge didn't get the chance as he was outdriven in a big way.

As much as I like Ray Billings and Tombstone, his attitude wore on me and I'm happy that he is getting challenged now. Certainly makes for some good fights.

I will agree that last week was an awesome week for fights, and I hope this continues into next week!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they don't have some type of kill switch. Curious how long it took captain shredderator to wind down