SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Battlebots is back !
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Battlebots is back ! Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Apparently the kill switch on capt shredderator wouldn’t respond, which is why it just sat there spinning.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I love watching how the robots evolve to meet certain threats and in a manner that allows the operators to better use their skills to match those of opponents. The creativity of the builders and users makes this series special!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Back in the day, nobody had an answer for Biohazard. Then came a Nightmare. That had to put a roof on the Battlebox for that one.
Ziggo and Scrap Daddy were enough to make it interesting along the way.

The narrator stuff is annoying. The Discovery+ pimping is too much when it blocks the action.

The fights are better than last week however. (not as good as Uppercut v/s Chomp... some day. Wink )

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Huge vs Kraken was a great match-up.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Huge vs Kraken was a great match-up.

Yes a better fight than i thought it would be.

Jackpot having an impressive run

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missed it this week and just caught the repeat. Just watched Tombstone vs Skorpios. What a great fight. The sport combines engineering, driving talent, and strategy. Lots of fun.

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Jackpot having an impressive run

So many vertical spinner bots with devastating power, Jackpot sets the bar for reach, except for Huge.

Many of the horizontal spinners can be set to spin low or "high", wrong choice ban be very ineffective. A vertical spinner with reach is probably gonna touch you.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I too have enjoyed the evolutionary changes of the Bots over the years.

At least 1/2 of the talking head team needs to go. And I don't mean the ex-MMA champ.

We make a point to watch on discovery the next day or 2. That way the 2 hour program can easily shrink to 1 hour of actual 'watch THIS' time. Our remote has a 'FF' button which is very helpful.

And while I like Tombstone & the pilot, their era is moving further into the past, just like the Hudson guy & his 4 wheel vertical spinner (sorry, forgot the droid name).

That MIT bot with low spinner on one end & the very effective low armored wedge on the other is on the rise.

The covid-audience compliance configuration won't last long given any other choices.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sad to see Gruff go down like that. I like his bot

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they can rent BETA out to clipper ships or anyone laying train tracks?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"It's not you, it's Smeeeeeeeeeee..." Big Grin

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Hydra #1 seed... Interesting

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I feel bad for Madcatter which has been a surprise and a fun team. Tombstone in the first round. Still, you never know.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not sure I was watching the same show...

Duck! was there, but never shown in the battlebox?

MadCatter (3-0) is ranked 12th? Confused

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Some good fights tonigbt.

Beta gets wrecked

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ribbot was the surprise for me. I thought Beta was a up and comer with that sledge hammer he swings.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bitch Doctor didn't pass Go or get $200.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I pull for some because they look to be the best bot in the bout, sometimes I like the team and think they have a chance. So far all my guys have lost. Mad

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Tombstone was crap this season...

He needs to up his game.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I think that Ray is less focused on himself but on the next generation of Builders... and I can't fault him for that.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post