SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post-Rock, instrumental rock. Any favorites?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post-Rock, instrumental rock. Any favorites? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I like Pat Methaney.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Not sure that they qualify, but I posted a few weeks ago about Liquid Tension Experiment.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
No real mystery, the term Post-Rock didn't really catch on until around 2000 despite an earlier origin.

It's also often more of an umbrella term that refers to a group of specific subgenres, such as modern Psychedelic Rock and modern Surf Rock and so on, collectively. That way one can talk about both Mogwai and Khruangbin who sound as different as they do similar yet still belong together broadly.

Also, these things are Descriptive, not Prescriptive.

They're just attempts to describe and group things. There's overlap, but it all works quite well.

listening to Talk Talk's [Colour of Spring[/i] on youtube this morning,

someone posted a comment 4 yrs ago that the album, and Mark Hollis were one of the originators of post rock,

twas an interesting thread of comments

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post