SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    "The Hill" - Sean Connery.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Hill" - Sean Connery. Login/Join 
posted
From 1965, an unusual film and NOT work or child friendly:

https://www.military-stuff.org...ill-1965-full-movie/

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good movie. And the Hill was a bastard.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Great movie

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Great film saw it not many months ago. He was already a star having been in 3 Bond movies prior to The Hill, but wanted something very different from Bond.

Also I would add The Offence as one of his better dramatic performances.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I hadn't seen this movie before so thanks for the link. I missed some of the finer points of the storyline due to some of the heavy accents and rapid fire exchanges (I'd like to watch it again sometime with a format that supported Closed Captioning), but even so it was a powerful movie with some good acting, involving incompetent leadership from key officers and an NCO corps willing to exploit the weakness of their officer's leadership to maintain their power structure. It was also a movie that was bold enough to delve into subjects not often discussed in movies of that era, although I can think of a couple. Certainly not your typical WW II era movie.

A little bit of the The Bridge Over the River Kwai with some Cool Hand Luke touches thrown in. It struck me as having an anti-war anti-military sentiment.

I don't know where the movie was filmed but I was sweating and out of breath just watching the men march "the hill" in desert heat and I have to believe that it was an extremely physically demanding movie for the cast to film.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I don't know where the movie was filmed but I was sweating and out of breath just watching the men march "the hill" in desert heat and I have to believe that it was an extremely physically demanding movie for the cast to film.

It was filmed in Andalucia, Spain.

Temperatures were reportedly routinely over 115 degrees during filming.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post