SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Wheeler Dealers - these guys are very entertaining
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wheeler Dealers - these guys are very entertaining Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted
Wheeler Dealers on Velocity. The show is entertaining and I learn a lot about working on cars. Edd is one cracking mechanic. Another show that started in the UK and came over here. Sort of the Monty Python of car shows Smile

Of course, I am easily amused....

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, Edd is leaving the show since the new owners decided to dumb it down

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Unfortunately, Edd is leaving the show since the new owners decided to dumb it down

Didn't know that. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
if it smells like ****
everywhere you go,
it may be you
posted Hide Post
Great show, I've watched it for years and really enjoyed their expanded budget and episodes in the U.S. Unfortunately Kenpoist is right, Edd China recently announced he is leaving the show because Discovery is planning on scaling back the tech aspect of the show for cost reasons. Edd was my favorite part of the show, him and Mike had good chemistry and I enjoyed the technical part of the show. I may give it a chance but I don't like the direction they are taking it.

Posts: 188 | Location: Covington WA | Registered: March 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I'll keep watching and hope the new episodes are as good as the past seasons. Give the new guy a chance.

posted Hide Post
They are going to turn the show into every other car repair show on TV. All of the in-depth repairs and top tips will be cut and replaced with unrealistic repairs. You can see it in later episodes of the last season. Mike swaps the black trim for chrome trim on an old Porsche. He makes shows you one bit of replacing it in a heavily edited segment and then presto, all of the trim is swapped.

Edd has his own youtube channel and has been discussing his next steps.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes, they were. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post