SIGforum
Wheeler Dealers - these guys are very entertaining

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/1830065424

May 21, 2017, 12:53 PM
2Adefender
Wheeler Dealers - these guys are very entertaining
Wheeler Dealers on Velocity. The show is entertaining and I learn a lot about working on cars. Edd is one cracking mechanic. Another show that started in the UK and came over here. Sort of the Monty Python of car shows Smile

Of course, I am easily amused....

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.
May 21, 2017, 01:53 PM
Kenpoist
Unfortunately, Edd is leaving the show since the new owners decided to dumb it down
May 21, 2017, 02:32 PM
2Adefender
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Unfortunately, Edd is leaving the show since the new owners decided to dumb it down

Didn't know that. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

May 21, 2017, 02:40 PM
RickG
Great show, I've watched it for years and really enjoyed their expanded budget and episodes in the U.S. Unfortunately Kenpoist is right, Edd China recently announced he is leaving the show because Discovery is planning on scaling back the tech aspect of the show for cost reasons. Edd was my favorite part of the show, him and Mike had good chemistry and I enjoyed the technical part of the show. I may give it a chance but I don't like the direction they are taking it.
May 21, 2017, 03:13 PM
2Adefender
I'll keep watching and hope the new episodes are as good as the past seasons. Give the new guy a chance.

May 21, 2017, 03:23 PM
Scurvy
They are going to turn the show into every other car repair show on TV. All of the in-depth repairs and top tips will be cut and replaced with unrealistic repairs. You can see it in later episodes of the last season. Mike swaps the black trim for chrome trim on an old Porsche. He makes shows you one bit of replacing it in a heavily edited segment and then presto, all of the trim is swapped.

Edd has his own youtube channel and has been discussing his next steps.
May 21, 2017, 04:45 PM
smschulz
Yes, they were. Frown