SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The gambler broke even
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The gambler broke even Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted
RIP Kenny Rogers. 81 years old.

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Damn. Frown

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read this in the news.
Crap

He was a favorite in our household growing up.
I remember that was one of the first eight track tapes I ever listened to along with the Oak Ridge Boys and the Statler Brothers.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
RIP as you will be missed.

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of conducting one of his concerts with my choir. He was an amazing, gentle, kind person.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very sad.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP - You will be missed.

And in his final words I found an ace that I could keep.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Kenny Rogers had a great voice and was a music icon for sure. RIP.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

RIP, Mr. Rogers.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
The Angels called Mr. Rogers home. They needed his voice and charm in their corral.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very sad. Not just as an talented artist, but he seemed very classy as a person.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
That's sad to hear. I first started listening to his music when he was with the First Edition. I loved that song Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town.
RIP sir.

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
You’ve painted up your lips
And rolled and curled your tinted hair
Ruby are contemplating going out somewhere?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man that's sad to hear. He used to have THE best chicken.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heard a blurb on the tube, someone is doing a special tv show about him and his life and friends.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Heard a blurb on the tube, someone is doing a special tv show about him and his life and friends.

A&E is doing a Biography show on him. It was advertised and planned before he died.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rats , was hoping it would be on broadcast tv , but thanks. Frown

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post