SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Thinking about a new truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about a new truck Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My forum-fu is weak. Anyone know how to move these?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Just a suggestion, but if you move this thread to the lounge I bet more people will see it. I'm in the new truck market also.

LOL. I thought the OP posted here because it’s more civil over here Big Grin

Toyota!

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I’ve owned 6 F-150s, 4 of them bought new. Every one has been utterly reliable. C&D magazine recently tested Toyota Tundra, Nissan Titan, Ram, GMC and Chevy, and Ford.

From bottom to top;
6. Toyota
5. Nissan
4. Ram
3. GMC
2. Chevy
1. Ford

Not trying to start a brand war here, but I have to say I question their methodology. If you have identically equipped GMC and Chevy pickups, there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between them outside the badging. I've owned both, BTW.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Start with an approximate budget, define some basic requirements (need to pull stuff, haul stuff, off road, internal size, etc) then ....
GO TRY THEM ALL!
What could be more fun?
The Nissan Titan (albeit a little old now) is what I landed on and have absolutely no regrets.
If I decide to get one today I would start from scratch and look at them all.
The thing is that now days they are all awesome machines.
So go enjoy!

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may well just go try them all.

Also PHPaul I'd agree that there's no Chevrolet /GMC difference except of course the price. GMC seems to have a 3-5k logo they add. Seriously besides some light cosmetics I have never seen the reason to do a GMC over a Chevrolet.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post