SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Police Story On Get TV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Police Story On Get TV Login/Join 
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted
I noticed that a Police Story was going to be on Get TV. It was titled the FreeWay Killers and ran for almost 3 hours. A lot of the usual characters Richard Crenna, Don Meredith, Angie, etc. It will be on again on Wed I believe. I always loved that series. I changed the network as I had it wrong.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I grew up watching a lot of crime dramas like "Police Story." I'll have to check this out again.

Seems like actor Dennis Cole (shown here with then-wife Jaclyn Smith) turned up in this and similar shows of the era.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a FYI, some of the Police Story episodes are available on dvd. That show as well as Adam 12 made me want to become a cop. I love them to this day.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I missed the first 30 minutes Saturday but I watched it. A lot of subplots in that one. I enjoyed it.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
You missed a pretty good shootout then. It is on again tonite at 10cst.

quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I missed the first 30 minutes Saturday but I watched it. A lot of subplots in that one. I enjoyed it.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Loved that show back in the day. Smile I watched a couple of episodes on YouTube a while back. They might still be on there.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I loved that series and thought that some of the episodes really gave solid portrayals of what police work was really like. Joseph Wambaugh himself (one of the producers) said that they had to have a "shoot 'em up" episode at lease every couple of weeks to keep viewship high enough, but they could do other shows that weren't so visceral and addressed other areas of "the job" which weren't normally covered.

One of my favorite episodes was titled "Little Boy Lost" and concerned a homicide investigator's fixation on an a father, that the investigator was sure had killed had killed and disposed of the body of his (the father's) missing son. I won't give away any spoilers, but the case was based on an actual incident, and the ending was quite shocking. If you get the opportunity, watch it!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
You missed a pretty good shootout then. It is on again tonite at 10cst.

quote:
Originally posted by scot818:

Just saw the shootout at the motel. Pretty good except for the bunny hop moves while they were getting into position. Lol.

I found some episodes on YouTube and started watching one called Fingerprint with Earl Hilliman.

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post