SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Watched "Atlas Shrugged" trilogy for the first time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watched "Atlas Shrugged" trilogy for the first time Login/Join 
posted
Found this on VUDU, free with a few ads sprinkled here and there. Interesting that all three parts were made with different casts, as well as being made during the BHO years. I saw a lot of parallels in some of the plot and what I see at work a lot of times. I guess we could all be like John Galt as needed, huh?

Posts: 491 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe the novel was written in 1957.

As for the movies, I've only ever seen the first two--and I've attempted to watch the series twice. I kind of like the idea that the entire cast is different for each movie but it's clearly evident that production quality deteriorates from the first to the second, which deters me from watching the third.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I read the book as well as The Fountainhead

Long reads but worth it.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
The movies are OK, the book, while long, is great.

Currently drinking my coffee out of an "Atlas Shrugged - Now Non-fiction" mug. Smile

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I liked the first of the film series for the most part. Saw it in the theatre and there was applause at the end. I’m less-thrilled with the other two.

The book, on the other hand, is a favorite. I have a “Galt’s Gulch Parking Permit” decal on my vehicle haha...

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I read the book as well as The Fountainhead

Actually, the book is Atlas Shrugged. The Fountainhead is a different story, but along similar lines.

I watched the first episode. It was ok. When I heard they'd changed the entire cast for the 2nd episode, I didn't bother with it. That made zero sense to me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The books are great, but a little long winded. I’ve read them all a few times.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post