SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse season 4. Dropping December 13th.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse season 4. Dropping December 13th. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I haven't passed the TV series in the books yet, so S4 was great - I wasn't expecting the arc but I like it.

S5 is green lit (it was before they even started filming S4), so there is more goodness to come... in a year or so... Frown

But I enjoy watching the series over again, so I'll probably run through them all again and S4 a couple of times.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I binged season 4 earlier this week when I was home with sick kids..it did not disappoint...so good

I need to go back and watch all 4 seasons...seems like this will be a huge shift in the story arc

I can’t wait for 5

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I'm not an uber-Si-Fi guy (example: I have no interest in Star Wars anything) but I enjoy this series.
About 2/3 way through season 2.
Also started on Lost In Space but I like this one much better.

RIP Miller. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Wow. A big no from me. Found the majority of this season unwatchable. I slogged through, but dang. Talk about missing the mark. very disappointed. The protomolecule stuff was fine. The belter garbage, the space roma, and the election stuff. Better off in the bin.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
wrapping up the first 3 seasons. "every one leaves unfinished business...that's what dying is" Amos keeping it real.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Just finished Season 4 - CANNOT wait for Season 5.
I though it was great.
I'm not an uber Sci-Fi guy but really enjoyed this.
Cool

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
They did a great job. Real sci-FI, awesome show. Now we have to wait. Well done.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I rewatched season 3 and then watched season 4 in one day. I am eagerly awaiting season 5. I love the Amos Burton character!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m about midway through season 3. Just watched the I am that guy episode and that line cemented Amos as my favorite character.

Going to start sourcing the books so I can read them all after I finish season 4.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got done with season-2....where has this series been living? Ahh, SyFy channel, makes sense I rarely hit network/cable TV anymore, this is a really good series.
Fun to see Mythbuster's Adam Savage in the final episode, S.2 Caliban's War

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Why is there no disk for Season 4 on Amazon???? WTF.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I enjoy The Expanse for its realistic space flight and combat. So Season 4 was kind of a downturn for me, as it was mostly terrestrial.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Just started this on Prime (season 1).

Liking it so.far.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Take it slow! You'll be through season 4 before you know it. Then comes the wait... Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah Season 4 was a tad slow but I think it'll be back to more space in Season 5.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Last I saw before cutting the cord was Season 2. So tonight I started playing catch up starting with the last episode of season 2. Binged through season 3 episode 4 and am taking a time out to sleep. Good stuff!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just finished season 4. What a ride.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Season 5 news.

The bulk of shooting on the fifth season of Amazon’s “The Expanse” has wrapped with the crew gathering earlier this month to celebrate the end of work.

Photos from the wrap party and from the cast and crew in recent weeks have hinted at some things to come, from the rise of Keon Alexander’s Marcos Inaros (and his son played by Jasai Chase Owens) as a major threat, to the return of basically all the major cast across the season. Check out Newsweek.com for pictures (WARNING: SPOILERS).

The fifth season is based primarily on “Nemesis Games,” the fifth novel in the series by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (penned under the name James S.A. Corey) and an entry considered one of its best. Solar system politics come back heavily into play next season, along with an even more ambitious scale and actions that will have major consequences.

Actor Wes Chatham said on Instagram he’s seen half of the season so far and “it is hands down the best thing we have ever done. It blew me away”. The fifth season doesn’t have a release date, but will likely to premiere on Amazon Prime around year’s end. No word as yet on a sixth season renewal though signs are good.

Link

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cliff! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
Sweet..has a date been set?

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post