SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Expanse season 4. Dropping December 13th.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Expanse season 4. Dropping December 13th. Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Not to long finishing season's 1-3 all at once. Damn good series. Amazon is dropping the entire 4th season on the 13th. I enjoy all the acting but Chrisjen and Amos are my favorite.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
YAY!!!! Christmas is early!

Amos and Bobby rock that show!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Not to long finishing season's 1-3 all at once. Damn good series. Amazon is dropping the entire 4th season on the 13th. I enjoy all the acting but Chrisjen and Amos are my favorite.

chrisjen is a fascinating character,

and a well done series, I watched 1-3 over about a month this past summer

looking forward to season 4

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait. I watched season 3 on Amazon so my wait wasn’t too bad either.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Great show. I need to rewatch 1-3 before it drops. I bought it on disc too. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still trying to get through the first season. I'm on Abaddon's Gate and the books are just so much better. I have heard the TV series improves, hoping that's true.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
Still trying to get through the first season. I'm on Abaddon's Gate and the books are just so much better. I have heard the TV series improves, hoping that's true.

They're different. If you are expecting 1 for 1 exactness, you're going to be disappointed. Think of it like this: You had fantastic paella at a beautiful place. Your wife thinks you are a great cook and you try to recreate it. Its good, but not exactly the same. You have a choice: enjoy both for what they are or be upset at yourself for making a "subpar" paella. The Expanse is similar and different in good and bad ways, but IMO you have to let the apples to apples comparisons go when comparing books to TV/movies.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm in for Season 4, because, "I am that guy."

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Watched the first two episodes last night. Great start to the season!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Can't wait. Will likely wait for the weekend and binge with my college son who loves the series as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the first episode. Hope it’s going to be more than Chrisjen constantly cursing just because now it’s on streaming instead of TV.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I've been looking forward to it for a long time. Gonna start this evening, after work.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
What is it with The Expanse and the Letterkenny "-Annes"? Big Grin

Season 3 had Betty-Anne, now Season 4 has Mary-Anne. Doesn't look like Amos minds that her mitt looks like Babe Ruth's ball glove from the dirty '30s if 20 more dudes spat chewing tobacco in it.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
It’s on Prime? Ahh crap...i don’t care for that anymore.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
It’s on Prime? Ahh crap...i don’t care for that anymore.

*shrug* I've had my "issues" with Amazon on occasion, lately, and no mistake. But every time my wife and I have started thinking either AP or Netflix wasn't giving us enough bang for the buck to justify our continued patronage, they come up with new content to keep us on.

Between AP, NF and OTA TV: We're rarely lacking for something good to watch.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished it, no real “I am that guy” scene that I can recall, but overall 2 thumbs up. Nice setup for season 5 and the... uh..book 5 stuff (no future spoilers).

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Just watched the first episode. Hope it’s going to be more than Chrisjen constantly cursing just because now it’s on streaming instead of TV.

Hah, you noticed that too?

I’m three in, it’s good.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Glad I randomly dropped into the Lair. I watched the first three seasons and enjoyed it. I’ll be checking it out this weekend. TY

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Amazon did great with s4, and I read somewhere that s5 is green lit.

Cibola Burn was maybe my favorite book in the series, so I was very happy to not be disappointed.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post