SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Rogue One SPOILERS.... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Rogue One SPOILERS.... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED Login/Join 
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:

The droid had a few joke lines that just didn't seem funny. It seemed like they wanted to make him into C3P0 and it didn't work for me.

K-2SO was the anti-3P0.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Dragging this thread out of retirement since this HISHE is so hilariously spot on:

https://youtu.be/RjR71XpAu0I

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting it. When I walked out the theater, I remember thinking "HISHE is going to have a field day with this one." Big Grin

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love these HISHE videos but they all seem to go on a bit too long, less would be more in their case.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I remember when HISHE videos were, in fact, short and sweet.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Darth Vader: Yoink.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Darth Vader: Yoink.

Also K2SO: I'm a leaf on the wind.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
So on point, it's uncanny. I present to you the latest Honest Trailer!

https://youtu.be/t9-pTStLGGo

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Rogue One is available on Netflix streaming now.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Rogue One is available on Netflix streaming now.

So glad I paid for it... Roll Eyes

Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Is there any instance in canon where somebody was able to chase down a ship in hyperspace? All I've seen is trying to extrapolate a destination based on last known heading. In the beginning of New Hope, the Tantive IV was already at sub-light speed. I don't know how/why they dropped out of light speed. . .

Engage nerd database, Star Wars FTL (Hyperspace) depends on calculated jump routes, which are mostly pre-known or plotted based upon know safe routes. Unlike Star Trek, where you just go to warp and travel, Star Wars ships must calculate the safe route and follow it. They cannot change course at light speed in Star Wars. They can drop out of light speed but it is considered extremely dangerous.

Leia's ship probably had to finish its jump to Tatooine, then they would have to calculate a new jump to another location. Based upon published now non-cannon books, the standard model rebel corvettes were not as fast in hyperspace as some of the Imperial Star Destroyers. So Vader's ship could have possibly beat them to Tatooine.

Our couse, the easiest answer is that it is just a movie and this is the story being told.

Best regards,

Mike (Sci-fi geek)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Watched this one again on Netflix... (after the big screen)

Easily the best star wars movie in a long, long time. Much better that the steaming pile of Sith called "The Force Awakens."

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Easily the best star wars movie in a long, long time. Much better that the steaming pile of Sith called "The Force Awakens."

What the fuck are you doing, man? You dis the Force Awakens and they come out of the woodwork to tell you what a cinematic masterpiece that was. I've have even seen 1,000 word essays on here defending the movie against critics complaints that it was basically a New Hope over again, and people bought it hook, line and sinker.

No, no, no. You can't disparage The Force Awakens. Even though it was the same movie as a New Hope.

You can't. Disparage it. Giant planet blower upper thing? Check. Young main character on a desert planet? Check. Main bad guy will a breather thingy? Check. Senior citizen main character killed off by main bad guy with breather thingy? Check. Gotta get the plans to save the galaxy? Check. And the list goes on.

Nope. Stands on its own. Yep.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKg3:
quote:

Is there any instance in canon where somebody was able to chase down a ship in hyperspace? All I've seen is trying to extrapolate a destination based on last known heading. In the beginning of New Hope, the Tantive IV was already at sub-light speed. I don't know how/why they dropped out of light speed. . .

Engage nerd database, Star Wars FTL (Hyperspace) depends on calculated jump routes, which are mostly pre-known or plotted based upon know safe routes. Unlike Star Trek, where you just go to warp and travel, Star Wars ships must calculate the safe route and follow it. They cannot change course at light speed in Star Wars. They can drop out of light speed but it is considered extremely dangerous.

Leia's ship probably had to finish its jump to Tatooine, then they would have to calculate a new jump to another location. Based upon published now non-cannon books, the standard model rebel corvettes were not as fast in hyperspace as some of the Imperial Star Destroyers. So Vader's ship could have possibly beat them to Tatooine.

Our couse, the easiest answer is that it is just a movie and this is the story being told.

Best regards,

Mike (Sci-fi geek)

It used to be a major factor in alot of the old video games (X-Wing vs. TIE Figher, anyone Big Grin )

Constantly defending/attacking capital ships while they calculated jump routes to escape...

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

You dis the Force Awakens and they come out of the woodwork to tell you what a cinematic masterpiece that was. I've have even seen 1,000 word essays on here defending the movie against critics complaints that it was basically a New Hope over again, and people bought it hook, line and sinker.

- I agree it's basically the same plot as Ep4
- I like it anyway

You make it sound as if the fact alone that it has many plot similarities automatically makes it a 'bad movie,' and those of us who like it have therefore 'bought it,' somehow. I'm no frothing-at-the-mouth fanboi, and I am perfectly capable of seeing flaws in movies and TV series that I enjoy (check out some of my rants on Doctor Who and the new 'star trek' movies, if you question this). However, I liked this movie. It was fun. Full of adventure. The plot wasn't that 'deep' or complex, but I don't care. It was Star Wars. It brought back the feelings of joy that I got when I saw Jedi in the theater the first time (it was the first SW movie I ever saw). After the crap-fest prequels george lucas inflicted us with, this was a breath of very-much needed fresh air.

I. Liked. It.

There are those, of course, who needlessly attack every single criticism against these movies, as if an attack on the movie (real or perceived) is an attack on themselves personally. But, not all of us who liked this movie fit that narrow category.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Agree. Loved Rogue One, especially that bad-ass ending.

Force Awakens was a steaming pile of regurgitated, recycled SHIT! Mad

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

You dis the Force Awakens and they come out of the woodwork to tell you what a cinematic masterpiece that was. I've have even seen 1,000 word essays on here defending the movie against critics complaints that it was basically a New Hope over again, and people bought it hook, line and sinker.

- I agree it's basically the same plot as Ep4
- I like it anyway

You make it sound as if the fact alone that it has many plot similarities automatically makes it a 'bad movie,' and those of us who like it have therefore 'bought it,' somehow. I'm no frothing-at-the-mouth fanboi, and I am perfectly capable of seeing flaws in movies and TV series that I enjoy (check out some of my rants on Doctor Who and the new 'star trek' movies, if you question this). However, I liked this movie. It was fun. Full of adventure. The plot wasn't that 'deep' or complex, but I don't care. It was Star Wars. It brought back the feelings of joy that I got when I saw Jedi in the theater the first time (it was the first SW movie I ever saw). After the crap-fest prequels george lucas inflicted us with, this was a breath of very-much needed fresh air.

I. Liked. It.

There are those, of course, who needlessly attack every single criticism against these movies, as if an attack on the movie (real or perceived) is an attack on themselves personally. But, not all of us who liked this movie fit that narrow category.

I thought it was a horrible movie not because of the plot similarities, but because it was a horrible movie.

I too saw the first three in the theaters. I remember being stoked because of the Thanksgiving special that they had on TV. When Harrison Ford showed up I was super stoked.

But, that last one was phoned in. It spent most of the movie relying on my sentiment, instead of keeping me engaged.

I just find it amusing at the guys that come onto here and type out a unibomber manifesto about how good a movie it was, and how it was NOT the same plot line as the first.

To each his own. Rogue One was pretty good, I thought.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Rogue One > TFA.

That said I like Rey's character and how she is intuitively learning the Force, plus the way she manhandled the Falcon was awesome. Bonus: she isn't a whiner like Luke was.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Rey was the worst part of The Force Awakens. She's too good at everything, even when it's the first time she's done it.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
^Unless it isn't the first time she's done them...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post