SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon Has Released a Trailer for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Has Released a Trailer for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse... Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted

... and there's only 144 downvotes. Frown

Posts: 4154 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Man, FUck this movie. Another they killed the family of the secret squirrl, black ops, only man for the job, I have skills type flic. Why in the fuck would hollyshit attach one of the best of Clancy's books to this piece of shit?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
While that may be a movie with a line that says "without remorse", that sure as hell ain't the Without Remorse from Tom Clancy.

Damn, I had my hope up for a second... Frown

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Seems like it would have been more acceptable if they'd titled it "The Punisher."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well this sucks. I was hoping Hollywood would never attempt to ruin one of my favorite books and IMO Tom Clancy’s best work. Fucking eh Hollywood you guys just suck. Why attempt this you won’t do it right. Some stories are so good you assholes cannot hope to come close to recapturing the magic.

Shoulda left Without Remorse alone Hollywood...you worthless PC fucks cannot do it the respect and service it is due. Mad

At least Tom doesn’t have to witness the shit show PC interpretation of his book you guys will create so I guess that’s a good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Hollyweird continues to lower the bar yet again. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of us who loved the book, it's painful to watch the trailer (though I do like explosions). It gets worse: His SEAL pal is - wait for it - female.

An elite Navy SEAL uncovers an international conspiracy while seeking justice for the murder of his pregnant wife in Tom Clancy's Without Remorse, the explosive origin story of action hero John Clark - one of the most popular characters in author Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan universe. When a squad of Russian soldiers kills his family in retaliation for his role in a top-secret op, Sr. Chief John Kelly (Michael B. Jordan) pursues the assassins at all costs. Joining forces with a fellow SEAL (Jodie Turner-Smith) and a shadowy CIA agent (Jamie Bell), Kelly's mission unwittingly exposes a covert plot that threatens to engulf the U.S. and Russia in an all-out war. Torn between personal honor and loyalty to his country, Kelly must fight his enemies without remorse if he hopes to avert disaster and reveal the powerful figures behind the conspiracy.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I can’t stand this actor, Michael B. Jordan. I don’t see him morph into the characters, more like the other way around. I see the same guy role after role and don’t see the character like for example when Mahershala Ali gets the role. Creed, Black Panther, this, same guy. At least they didn’t cast Jordan as the new Blade. This would have been the perfect role for Trevante Rhodes as well. Was an athlete his whole life, and a Texas boy. Oh well. There are some excellent black actors out there if that was the intent (I have not read the book) and Jordan is NOT one of them. I don’t know why Trevante can’t catch a break. Dude is built like a damn brick shit house and was excellent in Moonlight even if I didn’t care for the subject matter. Hollyweird remains rigged.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
For those of us who loved the book, it's painful to watch the trailer (though I do like explosions). It gets worse: His SEAL pal is - wait for it - female.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499097/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

Not only is his SEAL pal a girl...her name is Karen Greer. Yup, Admiral Greer is now a female SEAL.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
This trailer and synopsis is so much worse than I expected. When I heard Michael b Jordan was playing Clark I knew they had gone total PC and I probably wouldn’t like it but they totally ditched the original story line. Without Remorse was my favorite Clancy book and this is a disgrace. I had hoped I would be wrong since Taylor Sheridan was involved but - just shit man.

Along those lines they will probably have the female Greer get a sex change in the next movie to become James Greer.

And just to really piss on every one...Michael b Jordan is rumored to be the next Superman in jar jar Abrams reboot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Well I, for one, think this looks great...

It just has absolutely nothing to do with Tom Clancy's Without Remorse.

If they're going to completely change the story to have absolutely nothing in common with the original, why not just name it something else? This looks like "one man Rainbow Six" more than anything else.

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Apologies for any typos moving forward. I gouged my eyeballs out of my head after watching half of that trailer and am now having to rely on voice to text.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
I think that if I were to watch this movie, Id have some serious remorse.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
This trailer and synopsis is so much worse than I expected. When I heard Michael b Jordan was playing Clark I know they had gone total PC and I probably wouldn’t like it but they totally ditched the original story line. Without Remorse was my favorite Clancy book and this is a disgrace. I had hoped I would be wrong since Taylor Sheridan was involved but - just shit man.

Along those lines they will probably have the female Greer get a sex change in the next movie to become James Greer.

And just to really piss on every one...Michael b Jordan is rumored to be the next Superman in jar jar Abrams reboot.

if and when the open up any theaters in this area, neither of these movies (I'm including the superman mentioned in the quote) would entice anyone to go ,,,

shameful what Hollywood has become

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Soooooooo I just watched the trailer ahead of a YouTube video and.....ummmmm

Correct me if I am wrong, I LOVED Without Remorse. It was my favorite, but what in the actual hell does this have to do with the book???? I mean ok, change the race of the main character whatever no biggie don’t care don’t see the reason but what ever, but maybe just maybe give it the old college try to you know tell the books story. I know crazy talk.

I am getting to the point where I feel like we should be able to form a class action lawsuit against shit like this on the basis they are trying to sell a false bill of goods. Sigh. Frown

But hey I am sure it will be a forgettable, yet enjoyable, ‘splody, angry dude wronged movie and don’t get me wrong I lub’s me some ‘splody forgettable action movies but ........ screw this movie, I’m out.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Frankly wouldn’t Rainbow Six play better in today’s world with the whole eco terrorist bent/save the world/global warming politics. I mean at least you could squeeze in all the politics dujour you’d like without really fundamentally destroying the story. Win....sort a win but what do I know. But Nooooooooo instead let’s just give em’ Hard To Kill with black Steven Segal.....they’ll never notice.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Well, after reading this thread I was reluctant to even watch the trailer. I did though, and y'all are right. It's just more Hollywood crap. Netflix and Prime are full of "They killed my family and I'm out for revenge" entries. How many of those can you really watch, anyway? I'll pass on this one. I just finished my periodic re-reading of RSR, maybe next I'll go back and re-read Without Remorse. Yeah, that's the ticket. Screw the movie, read the book.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I shut this pile of doggy crap off at the half-way point. I've read the book at least twice and think it is probably Clancy's best work. Right up with THFRO. This is another failed attempt by the left to recreate a proven concept their way. Good luck but I won't buy a ticket - or watch it for free.

Sorry Tom - You wrote a great book that these guys apparently never read.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Frankly wouldn’t Rainbow Six play better in today’s world with the whole eco terrorist bent/save the world/global warming politics. I mean at least you could squeeze in all the politics dujour you’d like without really fundamentally destroying the story. Win....sort a win but what do I know. But Nooooooooo instead let’s just give em’ Hard To Kill with black Steven Segal.....they’ll never notice.

Hollywood will never do Rainbow Six, or at least not as written, because Hollywood almost assuredly sympathizes with the terrorists in that book and not the hero’s.

If Hollywood did a version of Rainbow Six it would be a Republican president ordering the illegal murder of peace loving environmental activists who are going to expose some terrible treasonous thing he did.

The hero would be Jaquista Ryan, a black trans woman, who together with black John Clark and his Latina non-binary husband DC, will lead a group of hackers to take the mean President down.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Reading the replies in this thread reminds me of how I felt after seeing Ender's Game and Ready Player One.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post