SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Amazon Has Released a Trailer for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Has Released a Trailer for Tom Clancy's Without Remorse... Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Going to watch tonight with open mind but appreciate the warning.
No expectations so will see where it goes.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that Taylor Sheridan was a writer on this steaming pile. Everything he's worked on, besides this, has been epic. Sicario, Hell or High Water, Yellowstone, maybe he should stick with neo-noir Westerns

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
There's no loving this turd.

Since the opening scene its one stolen idea after another.

Couldn't find a single sequence that didn't scream deja vu.

Even replaying The Division missions over and over feels more fresh.

This is to the original just like Will Smith's I robot is to Asimov short story.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
The funny thing is if they would of simply made the movie as Tom Clancy wrote the book, they would of had a blockbuster on their hands. But no...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Hahaha! Local reviewer just gave it a "mild thumbs up" - but only only if you can see it "free" on Amazon Prime. Otherwise it was a thumbs down.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the book was a terrific story. I've tried twice to finish this "movie" and I have to do something else. The people associated with this abomination should be banished from the industry.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That sucked, and I like the kid / Wallace / Jordan otherwise.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I hadn't been following this and saw the movie was available on Amazon Prime Friday night. I thought the book was great, but I couldn't even finish the trailer on the movie. What a disappointment.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
keep eco-terrorists as the main villians.

I am pretty sure the "villians" will be white nationalist/capitalists with some sort of slogan like MAGA who have interfered with the Paris Climate Change Accords. As for me, I am out. I want to be entertained, not lectured.

Didn’t they do the same thing with Sum of All Fears?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn’t they do the same thing with Sum of All Fears?

They changed the book's antagonists (Arabs aided and abetted by a feather Indian and assisted by a German) to white supremacists/neo-Nazi's for the movie.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
OK watched it ~ pretty underwhelming even with all of the so-called action.
It seemed contrived and forced.
Not sure I get all of the woke comments unless it was the wimpy black girl officer that does not fit the part of a squared away soldier.
Other than that it was not that great and I know I was warned.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I was hoping this would be worthy of the Clancy name.

By the scene with his wife's death I already knew it was a failure. Not one idea in this movie wasn't taken from twenty other B movies

I didn't make it to the end.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve had the book in hard cover since it came out and I’ve no desire to see the movie even when it’s free.

Why does Hollywood feel it necessary to fuck everything up? The story was written for them. They had nothing to invent. They found have had a blockbuster on their hands - instead all they get is yet more derision for their stupid decisions.

Where are the adults keeping these morons in check?

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was absolutely terrible!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 545 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night, I'm with the others, it was bad.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Having totally missed this thread, I saw part of the trailer on Netflix and had the same thoughts I see posted throughout the thread. And this, not having read the book. Trailer feels like unoriginal "woke-as-fuck" pablum. I don't think I've seen a movie with Michael B. Jordan in it, but even from that little bit, he doesn't seem like a compelling actor. Just another swole black dude with an angry mug. Pass.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
He's not too bad, but he is like a movie star instead of an actor. Just like The Rock, he's Michael B. Jordan in a boxing movie or comedy or comic movie or an action movie etc...

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We watched it. Maybe if the LCDR hadn’t been a woman...

Maybe if the character Clark wasn’t the ONLY connection to Clancy’s book. Why do they do that? If your screenplay isn’t going to even remotely follow the plot line of the book, FFS, name your movie something else!
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Willem Dafoe shall always be Clark in my mind.

You know, I can’t tell you who I think would’ve been a good Clark. “Without Remorse” is my favorite Clancy novel too; the only one I’ve read twice. I just know when Dafoe was on the screen as Clark it just didn’t fit the image I had in my mind from the book character.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We watched it. Maybe if the LCDR hadn’t been a woman...

Maybe if the character Clark wasn’t the ONLY connection to Clancy’s book. Why do they do that? If your screenplay isn’t going to even remotely follow the plot line of the book, FFS, name your movie something else!

Money my dear boy, money.

This way, they can call it TOM CLANCY's WITHOUT REMORSE, instead of "Generic woke action movie with a woke black lead."

I think this is what happened to the Starship Troopers movie. I've never read the books (not my preferred genre), but others here on the forum have indicated the movie has NOTHING to do with the books. They simply figured they could slap a well-known book title/author on the movie and rake in more money.

Tom Clancy used to be THE techno-thriller author of the decade (1980s/1990s), so it's no surprise they wanted to churn out a lot of movies. IMHO, the only good one was Red October. The others were changed so much that they simply sucked. Clear and Present Danger was perhaps the worst, as they not only threw away the previous continuity from the other movies (that had Arric Barwin and Harrison Ford star in the main role), but they made the sequel book into a prequel, with Jack meeting Cathy for the first time, both being WAY younger than the books and the previous movies, and having (of course) the evil arabs replaced by evil white South Africans.

Without Remorse could have been an amazing movie. Of course, hollywood being hollywood, they had to put in their typical woke crap and change basically everything. They aren't appealing to the thousands of us who read the books - they are trying to appeal to the millions who haven't, but had at least heard of Tom Clancy, and think that a "Tom Clancy Movie" must be worth watching, even though they have no idea what that book is about (I mean, how many people who have watched the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit or Chronicles/Narnia movies ever read ANY of the books?).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I liked Liev Schreiber who played Clark in The Sum Of All Fears.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post