SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Some good Acoustic Rock Voices?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some good Acoustic Rock Voices? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Man I'm really liking Danny Warsnop's voice recently from Asking Alexandria.

Who you guys got? Doesn't have to be Acoustic. I think Acoustic just makes good vocals shine.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Chris Cornell

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Have a listen to Mitch King, he might be a better musician than vocalist, but he ain’t bad at either one.

This is Romi Mayes, a Canadian singer-songwriter. I think she’s incredible. Accompanied only by an electric guitar; she’s on an acoustic.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Daughtry. Lajon Witherspoon. Lzzy Hale.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Nils Lofgren:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coNqbqnH3AM

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
From the 90s era: Alice in Chains and Nirvana and Live and Pearl Jam Unplugged are good.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Dave Grohl

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Eagles, Hotel California their acoustic version.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve Perry in his prime.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
America

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
Bob Dylan... Big Grin

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd say Crosby, Stills and Nash are about the ultimate, but Dan Fogelberg was right up there.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Clapton unplugged.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
James Taylor

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
If you have Netflix, check out the Norm MacDonald show episode with lesser-known (than Willie, Johnny, Waylon, etc) country legend Billy Joe Shaver as the guest. He does a few songs in between the interview / commentary and while I'd heard his music before this particular performance is just him and a guy playing acoustic, and it's sublimely good, IMO.

Only old-ass guys with tons of miles behind them sound like this, IMO, a bit like George Jones in the Aaron Lewis song, old man gravelly voice that's still sweet sounding somehow. Some say Billie Joe Shaver is the "godfather of Outlaw Country", and his songs have been recorded by Bob Dillon and other more famous names in the (original/good) country scene.

This video isn't from the Norm MacDonald show, and it's with a full band, but it'll convey the gist well enough to maybe help make it worth it to specifically watch that episode:

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
"Almost" rock category, I like the voices in this one. Still going after quite a few years.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post